• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Damn Jim -- he used to offer me first crack at that promotional stuff :(

I'm glad it went to a good home though...I gotta step up my OA game..you've been getting some ridiculous pieces in lately

edit: figured I'd share a couple new ones too -- bought these a few days ago :)

wd8113.jpg

wd8121.jpg

Edited by Jerry S

I'm glad it went to a good home though...I gotta step up my OA game..you've been getting some ridiculous pieces in lately

I think he likes Canucks better...we are a Commonwealth country after all, and we both spell centre correctly. :cloud9:

As for ridiculous pieces, you should see what I have coming, a freaking "creme de la creme" if ever there was one. If I make it to NYC next week, I'll show you in person. :wishluck:

Jim

edit: figured I'd share a couple new ones too -- bought these a few days ago :)

wd8113.jpg

wd8121.jpg

Both are still large art, correct? :cloud9:

Jim

Doesn't work for us Canucks...can someone embed this, can't find it on YouTube. :sorry:

Jim

Sorry, only link I could find on it. I first tried watching on my iPhone but couldn't play it. Had to wait till I got home to watch. Nothing on YouTube I could find.

Try going to IMDB walking dead page - look on right side for 'articles' - the links to dozens of websites are there that have the 4 min trailer.

Theres also the 14 minute "Vatos" original start to season 2 ep #1 - I posted this before but you must all have me on ignore again!

Fascinating ,expensive clip that hints of 'Woodbury' being involved much earlier.

Seems S1 was such a sucess they extended the series life.

Good Decision AMC (and hence why season 2 was slow - it was written in haste to fill in the extra time between CDC and the Prison).

Well I think so anyway!

Andy

So I also bought The Walking Dead #27 about 3 weeks ago, Raw from eBay, overally its i beautifull condition (not proffesional or experienced grader), nice sharp corners, no smudges, spine is pristine without single crease.

The only thing I noticed is that cover is sligtly ''smaller'' than inside. I dont mean smaller of course. Picture bellow will explain what I mean :)

2cqk5qu.jpg

Does this affect final grade a lot? :/

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry for oversized photo, is there any way to make it smaller?

I saw this same "problem" in many of the comics I bought from a regular Joe seller. Very noticeable on the issues with black covers. As a later poster said, they all look "trimmed" but it's just how the comic came out.

I haven't submitted one for grading yet, so I can't be 100% positive, but from what I've read/seen, it shouldn't hurt the grade. I suppose CGC would consider this along the lines of a production error.

-- Dave

Doesn't work for us Canucks...can someone embed this, can't find it on YouTube. :sorry:

Jim

Sorry, only link I could find on it. I first tried watching on my iPhone but couldn't play it. Had to wait till I got home to watch. Nothing on YouTube I could find.

Here you go, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4a_Hj84h3g&feature=player_embedded

So I also bought The Walking Dead #27 about 3 weeks ago, Raw from eBay, overally its i beautifull condition (not proffesional or experienced grader), nice sharp corners, no smudges, spine is pristine without single crease.

The only thing I noticed is that cover is sligtly ''smaller'' than inside. I dont mean smaller of course. Picture bellow will explain what I mean :)

Does this affect final grade a lot? :/

Thank you!

EDIT: Sorry for oversized photo, is there any way to make it smaller?

I saw this same "problem" in many of the comics I bought from a regular Joe seller. Very noticeable on the issues with black covers. As a later poster said, they all look "trimmed" but it's just how the comic came out.

I haven't submitted one for grading yet, so I can't be 100% positive, but from what I've read/seen, it shouldn't hurt the grade. I suppose CGC would consider this along the lines of a production error.

-- Dave

Should not affect grade. I have had similar issues with different books (came back 9.8).

Ryan (thumbs u

Two covers in a row featuring Carl... hm

8056402425_af6cd2ab57.jpg

You mean Maggie in a cowboy hat right?

Thats not Glenn? :facepalm:

Could be Maggie (joke), but the eye patch kinda gives it away. UNLESS it resulted from a hardcore round of Three Stooges eye poking to provide a moment of levity in a world gone awry, ending with the tragic (but ironic) loss of Maggie's right eye as well. hm

wouldn't have thought so...

nice pages btw. are you getting them from private sellers?

and in other news for boardies in the UK Charlie Adlard signing in London... (no sketches)

You're right...it was late last night when I was looking at the pages, and I thought it said issue #31 (still does) but I wasn't putting the content of the actual story with what issue # they should be. My bad.

Jim

Jim

Here you go, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4a_Hj84h3g&feature=player_embedded

Is it next Sunday yet? :wishluck:

Jim