• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Pretty unhappy but not with CGC......

USPS Turn around time. :frustrated:

I fast tracked two Walking Dead #100 (Lucille Bat Black cover variants)

CGC graded them actually in less than 10 business days, however I still have not received the package that was mailed out by CGC on 9-11-2012.

So who is to blame right now is our lovely US Government.

Maybe when I get the WD #100's back I will lose even more money.

I fast tracked them to have the first couple graded, so CGC did it's job however USPS registered mail has insured me they are now worthless! (thumbs u

I had to open a complaint case with them just now.

What a joke.......

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

Off topic for a moment, but I wanna ask the people I interact with and enjoy the most on this message board, rather than being in the general comics section where I don't know anyone and feel like an outsider.

So in the CGC turnaround time thread in the comic restoration sub-forum, someone mentioned that you don't have to be a paid member to submit comics directly to CGC.

I thought this was CGC's entire draw, was that you either had to be a paid member, submit through an authorized retailer, or submit at a convention where they are at.

Two different people are saying that's not true and that they've submitted comics directly multiple times without being a paid member. WTH? I feel like my entire life has been a lie.....Can someone here confirm this? Here's the thread in question:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6054952&Main=269029#Post6054952

Edited by roastedbagel

CGC graded them actually in less than 10 business days, however I still have not received the package that was mailed out by CGC on 9-11-2012.

I fast tracked them to have the first couple graded, so CGC did it's job however USPS registered mail has insured me they are now worthless! (thumbs u

What a joke.......

That sucks for sure. What method of shipping did they use exactly and when you put the tracking number in, what was the acceptance date?

Off topic for a moment, but I wanna ask the people I interact with and enjoy the most on this message board, rather than being in the general comics section where I don't know anyone and feel like an outsider.

So in the CGC turnaround time thread in the comic restoration sub-forum, someone mentioned that you don't have to be a paid member to submit comics directly to CGC.

I thought this was CGC's entire draw, was that you either had to be a paid member, submit through an authorized retailer, or submit at a convention where they are at.

Two different people are saying that's not true and that they've submitted comics directly multiple times without being a paid member. WTH? I feel like my entire life has been a lie.....Can someone here confirm this? Here's the thread in question:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6054952&Main=269029#Post6054952

I have also "heard" you don't have to be a paid member, BUT you don't get the discount. No documentation on this yet...

What a joke.......

That sucks for sure. What method of shipping did they use exactly and when you put the tracking number in, what was the acceptance date?

Registered Mail

I'm not a paid member (yet) and when I submit I use Mile High's online service even though I despise using anything related to them. It does also net me a 10% discount and I don't have to send them to MH. I pack and ship it myself.

What a joke.......

Registered Mail

Registered mail can take ages to arrive. One of my submissions took 18 days to deliver just to them. And I used registered priority mail (just as they do for return shipping). A down (and up) side of registered is its stored in USPS' safe overnight at each stop along the journey to the destination.

My Modern Fast-track was marked Shipped this past Monday (10/01), and it's been sitting in the USPS status of "Packaged proccessed at USPS sort facility" in Sarasota since Tuesday morning. Registered mail as well....I figure I would have it by now (I live in South Florida, it took one day for my package to arrive to them).

hm

To my understanding, you can send books in directly, but your submission must be tied to an authorized dealer account.

I've sent in directly, with ComicLink as my intermediary, and been assigned a CGC account number with the prefix CL

My Modern Fast-track was marked Shipped this past Monday (10/01), and it's been sitting in the USPS status of "Packaged proccessed at USPS sort facility" in Sarasota since Tuesday morning. Registered mail as well....I figure I would have it by now (I live in South Florida, it took one day for my package to arrive to them).

Solution?

FedEx. (thumbs u

Solution?

FedEx. (thumbs u

Dude I wasn't given an option of return shipping using the online form :(

Gotcha. Open a FedEx account and put it on file if you plan to submit more.

This is what I do. I save a ton of cash. I am taking a chance in regards to insurance but I figure i am sell insuring and in time it pays for itself many times over.

Gotcha. Open a FedEx account and put it on file if you plan to submit more.

How much does that run comparatively to their normal shipping methods?

It's a lot cheaper. Faster and with real tracking too. The downside is that you need your own insurance.