• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

look at the art though...the trees are drawn well but look how poorly glenn is drawn...he looks like a hardy boy with a raging clue (south park reference)

Which is one of the reasons $500 or so is a fair number for it.

I've had splashes in this size that I have sold for triple and quadruple what this sold for, it's hard to imagine a splash with a main character going for much less.

What do you have that could go for triple and quadruple????:o

Lori and Judith getting killed is one that leaps to mind.

I have no problem with that listing and encouraged her to make it and to take more photos.

So you, an alleged lawyer, think it's ok that she brakes the rules...as long as she shows you a little boob

:facepalm:

And honestly, your reaction goes to the extreme. Which in my experience is an indication of some deeper underlying issues.

Seriously, you want to talk about deeper underlying issues when you are slutting your self out to sell a $40 book, thats rich.

And no, i have no problem with women or nudity, but your search manipulation is against ebay rules and a PITA

and the "but everybody else does it too" is not a defense.....

it's 6:50 and i need my :censored: coffee :sumo:

look at the art though...the trees are drawn well but look how poorly glenn is drawn...he looks like a hardy boy with a raging clue (south park reference)

I've had splashes in this size that I have sold for triple and quadruple what this sold for, it's hard to imagine a splash with a main character going for much less.

I'll be so happy when I'm able to purchase that splash from the current owner :cloud9:

The price for the glen and maggie splash was market value imo.

The 6 pages from the holiday comic with Morgan and Dwaine: that was a weird auction because there was nothing going on in the pages, but they were older.. and I think many people held off because they thought they would go higher. (shrug)

Edited by Phillip

I bought that for 600 dollars about 3 years ago. You're going to tell me that the guy that sold it to me lost half or a third of his money?

I bought that for 600 dollars about 3 years ago. You're going to tell me that the guy that sold it to me lost half or a third of his money?

One of the saddest and most stomach churning parts of the entire comicbook for me. Iconic but I would not be able to put it on a wall.

Half naked pics to sell books doesn't bother me in the slightest. If it works, go for it. Comes off more like jealousy because us men cant do it. Adding 1 19 27 48 etc bothers me far more, as I hate looking for those books and finding people use that to advertise their sales.

+1

I was actually getting along with her well in another thread and she seems way cool, however....

Trying to look at WD #2 on eBay last night was a pain in the farking because every single one of her listings was clogging my search.

I was getting frustrated.

Oh, and Nico defending that behavior made me literally laugh out loud.

If it were him that didn't like that type of thing, you can bet your he'd be spouting off lawsuit talk and how its illegal in some way and how he could sue her for everything. That's a fact.

I guess you must have the been the subject of a lawsuit, gotten a divorce, been sued for a car wreck or something ... things that are illegal and cause damages are the subject of lawsuits. Nothing else. Anytime I've mentioned a lawsuit, I've provided actual law to support the lawsuit. People other than me often mention ridiculous things that they think are unlawful (e.g., Dre revealing information about a potential TV deal) and I don't even bother to explain why that's not unlawful. If you don't like me, ignore me. If you don't like attorneys, hope you don't need one.

If you don't like me, ignore me. If you don't like attorneys, hope you don't need one.

+1 we are a pretty hated profession until someone needs us...then we are saviors...especially if we do a good job...same with cops..

also, im a big fan of nico's posts...they are usually WD related, and even if they are tin-hat material, they are still fun to read....he is passionate about his postings..so why not let the guy have some fun

Also, some of you guys are up pretty late!

Happy Wed everyone<3

When I parted with it the valuation was drastically higher, yes. You did well.

Hey Jerry. I've dealt with these "Titan" people before and there was a special Star Wars Clone wars cartoon network mag, that if you bought the 6 issues you would get the Anakin Skywalker 3D goggles. Well it took them 3 months to ship the goggles and I had to call countless times because it was taking so long and they didn't see me in the files of having purchased the subscription with the "special item". I really want the shirt but I'm afraid I will go through the same thing again. I know it sucks....just saying

Hey Jerry. I've dealt with these "Titan" people before and there was a special Star Wars Clone wars cartoon network mag, that if you bought the 6 issues you would get the Anakin Skywalker 3D goggles. Well it took them 3 months to ship the goggles and I had to call countless times because it was taking so long and they didn't see me in the files of having purchased the subscription with the "special item". I really want the shirt but I'm afraid I will go through the same thing again. I know it sucks....just saying

Totally not worth it. T-shirts come and go... there are plenty you can pre-order in Previews or elsewhere online if you want comic related ones. There's an awesome Sandman one in November I seem to remember. If I had to spend 60 bucks on a t-shirt and magazines then I would go here for the t-shirts http://www.threadless.com/ and forgoe the toilet fodder :)

Just saying.

.... it ain't that far off topic http://www.threadless.com/product/2786/Zombies/tab,guys/style,shirt

Been to threadless and bought the Tony Moore zombie shirt. But if it's not a "WD" officially licensed shirt. Then I don't want it. I can get any cheesy zombie shirt any where. I want original stuff. No knock offs. I just called Titan again and they just suck. They told me that the shirt takes 6-8 weeks for delivery and that it's a 3rd party that ships the shirt. I told them that they are the ones that have the promotion and they have to co-sign it because it's their advertising. I don't care about a 3rd party corporation, just mail my shirt!!!! lol

Just like when Chevy puts an Asian engine in an American car, if it breaks then Chevy is the ones to fix it!! They have to back up that stuff.

Edited by retro_collector

A new Governor story by Kirkman and Adlard. (thumbs u

http://cbldf.org/2012/09/freedom-rings-in-cbldf-liberty-annual/

This year’s CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL anthology, benefiting the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and published by Image Comics, declares “It’s good to be free!” Edited by Image Publisher Eric Stephenson, the 48-page anthology to be released on October 31 features short stories by some of comics’ hottest creators.

Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard contribute an all-new story about THE WALKING DEAD arch-villain The Governor, who will be making his debut in the television series this season. The anthology also features incredible stories by Howard Chaykin, Kieron Gillen, Jim McCann, Terry Moore, Chris Roberson, James Robinson, and more! Eye-popping art by stars like Michael Allred, Chynna Clugston-Flores, Janet Lee, and Ben Templesmith completes this celebration of comics and free speech. In addition, previews of two upcoming Image comics — STORM DOGS by David Hine and Doug Braithwaite and THE SAVIOR by James Robinson and J. Bone — will be included.

GREAT shirt garf!! - ordering one...i was browsing for one now that we were on topic lol...thanks

mess why do I feel like I am turning into your underpaid concierge? ;)

... I'm gonna have to get one too, been thinking about it for a few days now. As far as the licensed merch / t-shirts go they are nice but I usually steer clear from anything overly branded in general (notable exceptions Bats T-shirts with logos [without lettering] are fine, retro gaming related stuff and the odd band shirt). Picky picky picky. Each to their own.

Lovely stuff <3

The 180 is great! Even better as a pair. Feels less like a comission piece and more like something that slots right in with the published art... reminds me of that also being done where Moore's #13 cover is reversed in the Adlard panels.