• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Not to derail, but I figured this is the best place to ask this. Any idea on what a Walking Dead 1-50 run with #1, 19, 27 all cgc 9.8 SS's would cost? All of the raw comics would grade at NM or better, and most are locks for 9.8.

The 1 and 19 is signed by Moore and Kirkman. The 27 is just Kirkman. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all! Huge help.

Hi all-- sorry to rehash, but does anyone else have any thoughts on this question? I'm not too familiar with GPA, but would they have this information?

Ok

1) about $2000, with the right buyer a bit higher (slabbed SS)

2 - 4) $300 ish each purely due to the insanely low print run (raw)

5- 10) $500 depending on if they really ARE 9.8's. (raw)

19) $900 (SS 9.8 slabbed)

27) $450 - $550 (ss 9.8 slabbed)

11 - 50 about $35 - $45 each ave raw. This takes into account some great covers and some 'key' moments in the Prison/Woodbury arcs.

Depends how good the seller is (I assume you are buying) if he knows his stuff, and writes well,photographs well and utilises completed listings and GPA, then he will get more interest than an illiterate knuckledragger with a $1.99 camera.

So on the above you are looking at $5000+.

You may be better off taking your time and looking for a raw #1, or a cheap 9.8, cracking it and getting it SS.Same with 19 and 27.

As for the rest,look for large lots - they may take less to get rid,especially if the keys are gone. Keep the good,resale the non 9.8.

However - if you want this guys set - I would advise caution.

If the raw books AREN'T 9.8, you've dropped the cash and have paid top dollar for drek.

Personally,I would assemble in bits and pieces slowly. CGC 9.8's can be really cheap sometimes - IF YOU PUT THE WORK IN - and by that I mean looking hours a day.

I have managed before to get a #22 9.8 for $23 slabbed.

It's unusual but you can.

Thats a big price for that lot.

But its your money so knock yourself out.

Hope that helps.

I really wasn't sure tbh.

If he's the seller - he needs to make his ad's better!

I went back and re-read it and yeah - I suppose it could go both ways there. Initially I figured he was just shopping around for a number, but you're right - could be for him.

All I can say is, now is an interesting time to put together a set like that!

Yup-- I'm selling, the comics are mine. I bought extremely low and picked up a couple duplicates that have luckily came out all 9.8's. I've only gotten one 9.6 from #48, which I had signed by Charlie and Kirkman. I have no idea why it isn't a 9.8.

It's time to get some nice OA like that cover from earlier today. I know I need to sell a bit more, but I want a cover that speaks for itself!

8126915583_95ee616c4f_b.jpg

Edited by ComicsNYC22

i, like pretty much anyone else that collects WD knew that the OA pages would be on the rise. i was able to pick up 7 pages from Mark as NYCC. Nothing "awesome" but nothing "horrible" either imo. stuff that i'd long gazed at on his site. Figured it was a "now or never" type of deal as these are all one of a kind.

i, like pretty much anyone else that collects WD knew that the OA pages would be on the rise. i was able to pick up 7 pages from Mark as NYCC. Nothing "awesome" but nothing "horrible" either imo. stuff that i'd long gazed at on his site. Figured it was a "now or never" type of deal as these are all one of a kind.

(thumbs u