• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I've seen it on many other books in my lifetime...just a printing/manufacturers defect.

Jim

+1 the page was folded up when it was cut, it's not uncommon and it probably was not a batch error like the 35, it was probably just that one book, they have a name but I can't remember what it is

I bid like 450 or so....I wasn't high bidder, the highest was like $550, it still didn't hit the reserve price...I thought that was a higher than retail bid, I am surprised the reserve was so high.

edit: i did buy the other page up though :)

Edited by Jerry S

I bid like 450 or so....I wasn't high bidder, the highest was like $550, it still didn't hit the reserve price...I thought that was a higher than retail bid, I am surprised the reserve was so high.

technically it's a governor page :grin:

... and which other page was that then?

Couldn't afford great frames for my pages but didn't want them packed away either. It seems there are really cheap frames that fit TWD pages almost perfectly out of the box unless signed. Still need to tidy it up though. Should not have done this at 01:30 when I could only find a 15cm fairy princess ruler ... mostly because I was bored.

SkisB.jpg

My other pages are unsigned so they should pop right into the frames with little or no adjustment. Only had to spend £5 a frame, £3 on a roll of acid free heavy watercolour paper as backing and I already have photo corners.

dhurly your collection of the walking dead is so freaking amazing!!!!!!!! I am so wicked jealous!!!!!! That sketch you have of Rick on the horse next to the WD #2 comic is the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life!!! Man I can't stop looking at your collection.......I'm trying hard to get my collection going to.......But you take the cake!!!

Thank you for the kind words :)

Starting to get annoyed with all the variants and prints but I do have some gems that are not in my registry yet :cloud9:

I am always going back and forth about selling it but I never started collecting WD to make money so it's difficult to part with hm

Doug :hi:

Can I expect another show down, come registry award time :baiting:lol

technically it's a governor page :grin:

... and which other page was that then?

Couldn't afford great frames for my pages but didn't want them packed away either. It seems there are really cheap frames that fit TWD pages almost perfectly out of the box unless signed. Still need to tidy it up though. Should not have done this at 01:30 when I could only find a 15cm fairy princess ruler ... mostly because I was bored.

SkisB.jpg

My other pages are unsigned so they should pop right into the frames with little or no adjustment. Only had to spend £5 a frame, £3 on a roll of acid free heavy watercolour paper as backing and I already have photo corners.

The glass is UV protective, right?

Looks nice! And that's pretty cheap for a frame.

Personal preference though, I use black mats with an inch border around the art. It really makes it "pop".

Edited by Phillip

dhurly your collection of the walking dead is so freaking amazing!!!!!!!! I am so wicked jealous!!!!!! That sketch you have of Rick on the horse next to the WD #2 comic is the best thing I have ever seen in my entire life!!! Man I can't stop looking at your collection.......I'm trying hard to get my collection going to.......But you take the cake!!!

Thank you for the kind words :)

Starting to get annoyed with all the variants and prints but I do have some gems that are not in my registry yet :cloud9:

I am always going back and forth about selling it but I never started collecting WD to make money so it's difficult to part with hm

Doug :hi:

Can I expect another show down, come registry award time :baiting:lol

lol unless I sell my collection before the registry hm