• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

also, it's not the rarest walking dead comic available. the rarest walking dead comic available is walking dead #2 serbian b/w. only 50 made.

Technically? I suppose. But the vast majority of collectors do not care about the Serbian edition (or any other country, for that matter).

You don't have to buy it if you don't want to. There aren't any rules to collecting. The only rules that exist are ones you create yourself.

As far as this variant goes, i'm in agreement. It doesn't really make sense as to why they would release it other then money. It's not really celebrating anything. Would make more sense to do something like this for Adlard's 100th issue.

The industry will continue to do this because people keeping buying them. :/

You don't have to buy it if you don't want to. There aren't any rules to collecting. The only rules that exist are ones you create yourself.

As far as this variant goes, i'm in agreement. It doesn't really make sense as to why they would release it other then money. It's not really celebrating anything. Would make more sense to do something like this for Adlard's 100th issue.

The industry will continue to do this because people keeping buying them. :/

QFT.

At least the number of suckers left holding the bag is strictly limited to 250 in this case. ;-)

Edited by jjeanius

also, it's not the rarest walking dead comic available. the rarest walking dead comic available is walking dead #2 serbian b/w. only 50 made.

Technically? I suppose. But the vast majority of collectors do not care about the Serbian edition (or any other country, for that matter).

doesn't matter what they care about. facts are facts. it's not even close to the rarest walking dead book.

Edited by Hawkman

What the hell happened to the Walking Dead #100 hero initiative cover? Those still haven't been released. This is madness!

EDIT: And CGC better distinguish this as separate from the already released lucille covers. I like being the only one with a blue label #100 lucille. :devil:

Edited by HugeRosen

doesn't matter what they care about. facts are facts. it's not even close to the rarest walking dead book.

Uh huh.

I'm pretty sure Skybound is only concerned about the official US Image release. Kirkman may license the book to be printed in other countries, but you don't see Skybound hawking them online.

And if we really want to be anal about it (which, it seems, you do)...this is exactly what is says:

"This will be the rarest Walking Dead comic available."

So, this could be in reference only to the merch available on the site over the weekend.

It does *NOT* say, "This will be the rarest Walking Dead comic ever released in any language, from any country, of all time, for ever and ever Amen."

Edited by jjeanius

The whole thing is ridiculous, but good luck to them. It's amusing that they would choose to use almost exactly that same cover (which in my opinion is a terribly unimaginative cover) as the original Lucille variant to run this promotion - just plain lazy.

Anecdotally, given the mess that was made with the original Lucille Retailer Variant, there are ~70 SS copies according to the census (last I checked) out of the supposed 500. Given the fairly aggressive cut-off for SS certification by CGC, I'd be surprised if there are more than 250/500 that get yellow labels over time (of course there could be 300 copies waiting for Modern grading that won't see the light of day till middle of next year lol )

I want to wrap my steaming turd in red foil and send it to Skybound as an exclusive 1 of 1 "Customer Appreciation" edition.

lol

(took me two minutes to stop laughing before hitting reply... thanks for that)

Will CGC slab this??? If so :takeit:

I want to wrap my steaming turd in red foil and send it to Skybound as an exclusive 1 of 1 "Customer Appreciation" edition.

lol

Will CGC slab this???

would it be considered restoration? color touch or pieces added?

lol

Will CGC slab this??? If so :takeit:

If I have advance notice, I'd be happy to have it witnessed for you! :acclaim:

What a load of balls. They'll sell out, obviously, but this is pretty poor of them.

Feel bad for the completists out there, I have to say...

It's still just a #100 Lucille Edition. Technically, it should be a 255 print run, since there were a few that weren't signed in the initial release, that ended up causing the SS deadline fiasco.

I don't find this to be any different than the Retailer appreciation version. It won't be recognized as anything different in the registry, just a universal Lucille Edition :) From a registry point of view, it just means that there's 750 Lucille Editions, instead of 500 ;)

What a load of balls. They'll sell out, obviously, but this is pretty poor of them.

Feel bad for the completists out there, I have to say...

It's still just a #100 Lucille Edition. Technically, it should be a 255 print run, since there were a few that weren't signed in the initial release, that ended up causing the SS deadline fiasco.

I don't find this to be any different than the Retailer appreciation version. It won't be recognized as anything different in the registry, just a universal Lucille Edition :) From a registry point of view, it just means that there's 750 Lucille Editions, instead of 500 ;)

Well it says 'red foil' addition and it seems like the lettering is a brighter red. I'm going to be annoyed if my unsigned blue label gets phased out by these new unsigned ones.