• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Really poor form.

wd101.jpg

Too harsh?

Too kind. Can we add the victim completist lying in the fetal position in a pool of his own blood, and make it clear that his wallet has been stolen and his silver fillings extracted from his teeth?

lol That actually made me laugh out loud. I'll try.

Red foil lettering or not I would be pi$$ed if I paid the big bux for one of those unsigned copies. This is a really $hitty thing for Skybound to do IMO. But you guys are right someone will buy them and by the end of the weekend Skybound will have the $62k in sales.

Edited by MarvelOnly

Really poor form.

guNZA.jpg

Too harsh?

Too kind. Can we add the victim completist lying in the fetal position in a pool of his own blood, and make it clear that his wallet has been stolen and his silver fillings extracted from his teeth?

There ya go!

Edit: Yes, that's me

Edited by roastedbagel

This will be the first variant I don't rush out to get. Worst case I'll have to spend double once its graded. Best case it'll drop like a rock once people realize its not categorized any differently from the Retailer Lucille cover.

Looks like Doug got out just in time. If I didn't want to slab my whole run I think I'd be out as well.

Really poor form.

guNZA.jpg

Too harsh?

There ya go!

Edit: Yes, that's me

Bagel - you seem to have a lot of pictures of you being 'refreshed' - good work young man!

As someone else mentioned, they only keep making them because people keep buying them.

[b]It would be so cool if there could be a universal boycott of variants[/b]. Not likely, but still...

The irony of that comment - on this forum - is astounding.

I've been banging on for months about the damage variants do!

I might be in the minority but I will still try to buy this because it is walking dead and it is different then my SS so now I can have both and with the card stock and red foil cgc will have a separte category for this one.

At least we finally found the target demographic!

Is it an illness to be incapable of saying, "no" if it has those two magic words on the cover...?

"You had me at 'RARE' and 'RED FOIL'. Here's my $250!!"

As someone else mentioned, they only keep making them because people keep buying them.

[b]It would be so cool if there could be a universal boycott of variants[/b]. Not likely, but still...

The irony of that comment - on this forum - is astounding.

I've been banging on for months about the damage variants do!

I think that variants can be a cool thing for comics. They change things up a bit, allow other artists to get some of the spotlight, and help sales. But this is ridiculous. 15 covers for issue 100 - okay, it's a milestone issue for a popular title. But a variant for an issue that is four months old is just stupid.

In my opinion, variants should be used to mark significant issues by either issue number or content. Issue 1 should not have 6 variants - Maybe six printings, but not 6 different covers.

I'll be honest, I have bought one variant from this series: the 101 Michonne ghost variant. But that's the only one - and that's because it was fricken sweet!