• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Off topic a little, but wanted to get an opinion.

Looking to raise a little extra money for Christmas.

I was thinking of unloading my TWD 61.

Sell it Raw on ebay, have the cash before christmas or send it to CGC, shell out the extra cash to have it slabbed, then sell it on ebay (after the long wait)?

it's 9.6 to 9.8.

What would you guys do?

Even if you fast track you're going to struggle to send it, get it graded, get it back, have an auction up for a decent set of time and get paid in time for the money to be of any use buying Christmas presents.

PS - I'm guessing you're going to get (rightly) chastised for sales pimping/spamming.

Edited by Balham's Finest

I would say this is a pretty legit post/question so no reason to get slammed for it.

Sell it raw, if it truly is a 9.8 you are leaving a little money on the table but there is no way even by modern fast track that you will get this back in time to sell it before Christmas and to use that money for gifts.

PM me if you want to sell it raw with what you are looking for. I can add it to the stack of the 5 other #61s that I have right now that are all 9.8s or better to sub.

Also with this latest #100 variant I think it would be a sharp copy to get for a double sig from Kirkman/Adlard and maybe even get a remark done on it for Sig Series. I have to work all day tomorrow so I will probably miss out on these as they go up like last time.

I would say this is a pretty legit post/question so no reason to get slammed for it.

Sell it raw, if it truly is a 9.8 you are leaving a little money on the table but there is no way even by modern fast track that you will get this back in time to sell it before Christmas and to use that money for gifts.

PM me if you want to sell it raw with what you are looking for. I can add it to the stack of the 5 other #61s that I have right now that are all 9.8s or better to sub.

Also with this latest #100 variant I think it would be a sharp copy to get for a double sig from Kirkman/Adlard and maybe even get a remark done on it for Sig Series. I have to work all day tomorrow so I will probably miss out on these as they go up like last time.

Legit or not (I still say not) it's obviously worked...

Well the pages have been flying out of Splash this month so far. 8 days after the last 21 (DPS counts as one) were added only another 4 or so need to go before the numbers start decreasing again. This doesn't include anything on hold either. There are still at least 20 days to go before any further additions.

Irrespective of the price increases in September and October the OA on Splash is still hot right now. Nothing left below #60.

It's nothing to go crazy about regarding potential future ebay prices etc, there's still a pretty consistent amount of pages up... I just find it interesting and a contrast to the correction that may be going on with the books. Hell I can't afford anything else right now and I don't plan on selling any anyway :)

What I did want to ask is does anyone on here have access to the full or 6 month CAF market data and would be willing to put a one off dump my way? (PM please). The nerd in me likes having spreadsheets.