• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I now regret selling my #48 that was a similar misprint. Was in EX condition and got a damn good amount out of it though when I originally got it for like $5. Had multiples of the same pages and missing like 6 pages. Yet to stumble across another.

So...who got this so cheap?

(not me...i missed it)

see what a bad description can do...

That's cheap? What do they go for?
The last 9.6 went for $308 after 9 bids...I see some buy it nows around $300 as well.

Here is the story behind it:

http://www.recalledcomics.com/TheWalkingDead35Error.php

Terrible use of eBay title. I commend him for not spamming though, lol

Very tough book to find, even harder in high grade.

I now regret selling my #48 that was a similar misprint. Was in EX condition and got a damn good amount out of it though when I originally got it for like $5. Had multiples of the same pages and missing like 6 pages. Yet to stumble across another.
The #48 misprint is just that, a misprint. It does not get a notation on the label because there was not a recall concerning it.

the 35 error gets extra juice because it's part of the registry

@eric....Your always looking for wd books right? Can I ask your goal? Are you trying to get doubles of every issue. Just asking cause you said you just got a 48 today, and that's a pretty low numbered issue, just that it's so low that I would think you would already have it. That's all.

The #48 misprint is just that, a misprint. It does not get a notation on the label because there was not a recall concerning it.

I know, that is part of the reason why I sold it since it wouldn't get a special label.

@eric....Your always looking for wd books right? Can I ask your goal? Are you trying to get doubles of every issue. Just asking cause you said you just got a 48 today, and that's a pretty low numbered issue, just that it's so low that I would think you would already have it. That's all.

Yes, always looking to add to my collection. i dont know if i have a specific goal. i'd like to own one of each release, i guess thats my goal. as for the 48, i do have it already in CGC form (two 9.6s), but this is my first raw copy. the price was too good too pass on.

i look at WD Floppies as pieces of art. they are all unique in their own ways. once an issue is "sold out" at the retail level, thats it for that particular printing. they arent issuing anymore. That means that one would have to go to the secondary market to obtain more. that usually means paying "more" for it/them.

i come to the comic collecting world after many many many years of experience in the sports card world. i dont say it to brag, but i know a lot of mess about sports cards. A big difference between Cards and Comics is the way they're distributed. Comics do not come in "packs" that can be opened years later, hoping to pull "Player X's Rookie Card". Sure that hunt can be EXPENSIVE and futile, but it IS still a possiblity. Now, that doesnt apply to comics. You cannot go and buy a "pack" of 2003 Image Comics and hope to pull a Walking Dead #1. Just not how it works. So even though that ~8,000 copies made 10 years ago sounds like "a lot" there's no choice now but to go get it from someone else

does anyone else get giddy (like a school girl) when "newbies" ask you about how to go about reading the book? :)

Don't know about school-girl giddy but I do enjoy convo with newbies about the book -- I have put on quite a few people to the book and have even gotten some people into other comics from first getting them into WD -- its a great feeling to see other people get excited about our hobby :)

Of course, There are others who make fun - one of my friends texted me "I think I saw you outside NYCC, were you wearing a wonder-woman outfit"

lol

Edited by Jerry S

So...who got this so cheap?

(not me...i missed it)

see what a bad description can do...

That's cheap? What do they go for?
The last 9.6 went for $308 after 9 bids...I see some buy it nows around $300 as well.

Here is the story behind it:

http://www.recalledcomics.com/TheWalkingDead35Error.php

I sold both of my 9.6's for $400 each. Just shipped both out today actually!!!

Jim