• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

does anyone else get giddy (like a school girl) when "newbies" ask you about how to go about reading the book? :)

I remember when I first came back to comic collection. Walking Dead was about issue 60. Every shop I called suggested that I just buy the trade paper. I don't like trade paper, unless I don't intend to buy the actual comic. So off I went in search of the entire run, with the owner of my LCS calling me crazy.

It took me about 3 months to piece together the entire run, and now 3 years later I have filled in most of the variants, misprints, and some international printings. I''ve picked up some figures and some trading cards. I've watched the TV show and bought some original art.

Walking Dead has truly become a cultural icon drawing new people into our hobby.

For those I run into that now tell me "I want to read the Walking Dead", I suggest either the compendium's, or buy an Ipad and you can download digital copies. While there may be some ethical issues behind digital copies (just like MP3's, tapes, VHS etc, etc.), I argue that you are enticing someone new to pursue the hobby.

I appreciate that other comic companies (ahheem, Marvel) are trying to build a digital download copy of their books into the print issue, but I think they are missing the boat.

So, do I get giddy? Absolutely. I love to share the wonderful world of comics whenever I can.

How do you gent's (used loosely) feel about digital copies of comics?

I'm fine with digital now that screen resolution is getting to a stage where even 7" devices are easily readable. Much prefer TPB to digital when it comes to sitting down and enjoying a book but will take the convenience of digital over floppies a lot of the time. My long boxes are in the loft because I have two nippers that could easily cause havoc and a cat that tried to use one of them as a scratching post. Sadly the space they used to occupy has since been filled.

Doesn't mean I will stop buying real comics.

Had you ever bought OA before getting into TWD?

STAY ON TRACK PEOPLE

Just kidding... but let's keep the plot chat going too!

**SPOILER ALERT** If you are not current on WD, do not read on!

So I see that panel from issue 3, what about issue 48?

Now that I see the panel from issue three, I feel like a rube for not remembering he had a brother!

This would make so much sense, and would be an awesome twist to the story.

Additionally, WTF with Jesus. I thought he was a stealth ninja, and he was caught? Seriously?

I'm fine with digital now that screen resolution is getting to a stage where even 7" devices are easily readable. Much prefer TPB to digital when it comes to sitting down and enjoying a book but will take the convenience of digital over floppies a lot of the time. My long boxes are in the loft because I have two nippers that could easily cause havoc and a cat that tried to use one of them as a scratching post. Sadly the space they used to occupy has since been filled.

Doesn't mean I will stop buying real comics.

Had you ever bought OA before getting into TWD?

I only got back into collecting about 3 years ago, so WD was my first OA. I have purchased some other OA since however. I bought a panel from The Boys and also a panel from The Cape.

They are all modern books, but I could see buying some older OA eventually.

Honestly I have broken way through my budget for comics and am slowing down. The alternative is to sell some books...which I really don't want to do.

STAY ON TRACK PEOPLE

Now that I see the panel from issue three, I feel like a rube for not remembering he had a brother!

Additionally, WTF with Jesus. I thought he was a stealth ninja, and he was caught? Seriously?

True, but was that part of the plan? Or is Jesus just being resourceful? This feels like the Michonne gone missing sequence from the show.

STAY ON TRACK PEOPLE

True, but was that part of the plan? Or is Jesus just being resourceful? This feels like the Michonne gone missing sequence from the show.

I'm scared...... :fear:

OFF TOPIC--

Just needed to publicy selfslam myself for selling my prized possession of my TWD collection, save for some personal sketches Charlie's given me over the years. I have another black label raw, but it's a 9.6 at best. The #48 is cool, but meh.

I'm assuming this is the same feeling you get when you become an empty next parent?

8343191981_f97a3fa6c3_z.jpg

OFF TOPIC--

Just needed to publicy selfslam myself for selling my prized possession of my TWD collection, save for some personal sketches Charlie's given me over the years. I have another black label raw, but it's a 9.6 at best. The #48 is cool, but meh.

I'm assuming this is the same feeling you get when you become an empty next parent?

Are you selling? Or did you already sell?

OFF TOPIC--

Come to daddy. lol

OFF TOPIC--

Are you selling? Or did you already sell?

Sold my full run of 1-100. I had a 1,2,3,27 and 19 all CGC 9.8's. The 19 and 27 were double signed by kirkman and moore, and kirkman/adlard(27).

i need to order some of those mylites2s. the bags that the slabs come with are practical, but not easy on the eyes

Yeah they look great in those but they don't quite fit cleanly in a CGC box as they are a little wide

i need to order some of those mylites2s. the bags that the slabs come with are practical, but not easy on the eyes

Yeah they look great in those but they don't quite fit cleanly in a CGC box as they are a little wide

hot damn! well, that does change things