• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I totally see your point re: print numbers buddy - I really do.

But Jesus has been in the series now for nearly as many as Abe, and #53 is doing very well.

14 issues I get, isn't a long time for a character BUT when Jesus reaches say 50 episodes (thats 3 years?) most of those 30k will have long passed the 9.8 condition.

I personally think its a good time to but for upto $50,slab and keep.

Its always going to be worth that much surely -

but if Rick dies,as has been surmised by some, and Carl takes over - then surely Jesus becomes #2?

Which was the first Tyreese again - any love being shown for that?

Also because of a mixup I had a 2nd Secret Santa by mistake who bought me a bunch of cool pre-code horror TPBs and a few Marvel blanks to get sketches on.

Next year I will have to spend even more on my person (spent about $100 this year).

Yeah - I'm in next year.

I wish more people would take part in charity threads, or raffles or even pay-it-forward.

I know it means giving-something-away-for-free (a concept which would make some boardies physically ill it would seem) but its all a part of being on here.

I couldn't give away enough to make up for the literally thousands of $ I've saved/made by being on here.

Usually the ones boasting about having the 'best' of everything are the ones that never show any generosity.

But that applies to all walks of life - not just a comics board!

Yeah - I'm in next year.

I wish more people would take part in charity threads, or raffles or even pay-it-forward.

I know it means giving-something-away-for-free (a concept which would make some boardies physically ill it would seem) but its all a part of being on here.

I couldn't give away enough to make up for the literally thousands of $ I've saved/made by being on here.

Usually the ones boasting about having the 'best' of everything are the ones that never show any generosity.

I wish more people would give me things for free too! .

Yeah - I'm in next year.

I wish more people would give me things for free too! .

i want to participate next time!

christmas is an entirely made up holiday...something about saturnalia or something..

some religious folks were like...oh..uh...yea we don't really know when he was born..lets make it align with something cool..

voila, christmas.

if memory serves, santa clause was invented by coca cola...and the rest...hallmark and macys and the like..

edit: i should say - the modern view of santa was invented by coke -- before that he was a skinny tall (really tall) priest..

we can...start a new holiday / exchange..

perhaps we can theme it to walking dead..

just a few weeks ago, we ran a reddit charity give-away -- its over now (though we need bagel to pick a winner)

id love to donate a piece of OA to a charity giveaway -- which can mirror the one from reddit..

here is the link to the original contest..

Edited by Jerry S

Activision's The Walking Dead FPS - First Footage Unveiled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PA8_MSWlDj8

J'espère que le gameplay et les graphiques deviennent fixes avant qu'il obtienne libéré parce que ceci ressemble à lui a signifié pour un jeux por le PS2 :(

Damn after viewing that trailer in french, I resorted back to my french ways.

But what i meant was that i really hope this game is nowhere near being done because the graphics and gameplay are not impressive. Now I understand that you dont necessarily need a game with awesome graphics because if the gameplay is awesome, simplistic graphics like the TellTale game will do as long as the game is awesome and keeps you entertained. What I got from this trailer was that it's meant for a MGS stealthiness which therefore the graphics are not doing the games justice.

That's my 2cents

Activision's The Walking Dead FPS - First Footage Unveiled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PA8_MSWlDj8

J'espère que le gameplay et les graphiques deviennent fixes avant qu'il obtienne libéré parce que ceci ressemble à lui a signifié pour un jeux por le PS2 :(

Damn after viewing that trailer in french, I resorted back to my french ways.

But what i meant was that i really hope this game is nowhere near being done because the graphics and gameplay are not impressive. Now I understand that you dont necessarily need a game with awesome graphics because if the gameplay is awesome, simplistic graphics like the TellTale game will do as long as the game is awesome and keeps you entertained. What I got from this trailer was that it's meant for a MGS stealthiness which therefore the graphics are not doing the games justice.

That's my 2cents

Thanks for the link Magoo -- I agree - the graphics are poor - I think they should use COD engine or FarCry -- Heck, even Dead Islands..

It looks like a poor version of L4D -- Merle looked terrible in the beginning -- even with some polish you can tell how the game is going to play out -- looks like it is completely on rails with intended and specific areas to go to = boring game.

This has SUCH huge potential...but I don't think it will be very good.

Imagine having a zombie game with FarCrys engine? Every "base" you had to take over would be another safety compound with survivors --

Add in some skyrim elements and you have the making of an amazing RPG/FPS just waiting to happen..