• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

ive never subbed before. what is the TOTAL* cost to get them back in say two weeks**?

*Total = Shipping both ways + Insurance both ways + Grading Fees divided by number of books submitted. Looking for a cost per book here.

** No way in HELL would i want to wait 3-6 months! lol

yea, thats what im thinking as well Ryan. the raws look damn nice in a mylar lol

+ There's a good chance several of the raws will be 9.8's and you can eventually sub the ones you want. My 2 cent.

What number are you talking about?

FYI retro the #100 pages were sold at SDCC only. All of them I believe. I still have my suspicions that the Nowell Bros must have a few ... just because of the sketches they have in their CAF after SDCC. There were several sketches on offer to anyone that spent 1K on TWD #100 pages.

Doubt any will surface any time soon.

The entire #100 issue sold complete to a single buyer at SDCC. According to Mark, the night before the announced sale, someone approached Charlie to buy the entire issue. IIRC, the deal got hammered in the morning, right before the show opened.

Makes sense... I would hate to think they missed the cover when it was briefly up on Ebay. Definitely has a bit of history to it as a whole... both good and bad.

I recently subbed a bunch of comics - it was my first experiencing doing it -- I did it at a comic-con -- saved a bunch by not having to ship...obviously a bit of risk in having to bring them but I found the experience quick and easy..

I recently subbed a bunch of comics - it was my first experiencing doing it -- I did it at a comic-con -- saved a bunch by not having to ship...obviously a bit of risk in having to bring them but I found the experience quick and easy..

thats a good idea. was it at NYCC?

ahhh. the age old "will the "value" drop?" question.

of course it will. in the end, it all drops in value, just give it enough time. There are ~8,000 copies of WD1. That's it. They aren't making anymore. Are they fairly easy to attain in "high grade"? absolutely. Are they "rare"? no, not really.

Are Silver Age "Keys" rare? No way in hell. while there may not be a ton of "high grade" silver age keys available (yet), there are plenty to go around. plenty.

please keep that in mind when deciding to "diss" any one aspect of this hobby.

Who was 'dissing'?

I thought all responses to your question, were balanced polite and fair.

I still love TWD - note I said sold 'raws'.

I just rechecked my CGC invoices and have another 40 or so waiting to come back including 5x #1,

#2 - #15

#19, 27, 53, 61, 92 (x7) plus another 20 or so random ones.

I got a couple from the pay-it-forward thread so they will go off as well to cgc.

In otherwords I still probably own 60% of the run in 9.8!

One of the great books of all time - it's just for me, a no-brainer to sell a few slabs from #80 - #90 and buy 4 or 5 FF #52.

I totally respect what you collect - I think pretty much everyone is quite respectful on this forum usually. :foryou:

lol Stick around. You'll change your mind soon enough.

You rascal - that is the worst quote-mongering I have ever seen!!

60% - you cheap barsteward - its less than 9% and you know it.

Introduce yourself old fella.

I didn't realize there were two different regular covers for issue 106 tomorrow.

Are they gonna pull this every week now?

It's only because it's Adlards 100th issue. If you look at cover B you'll see a collage of his work!!! Both these covers are f****ing awesome!!! I will be at my LCS tomorrow morning at 9am when they open to secure my epic NM copies!!!!!

Edited by retrothecollector