• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I sold a 9.4 Black Label to pay for a 9.8 White Label. Grade trumps label color IMO. Seeing as how CGC doesn't recognize the difference and Kirkman himself cant confirm which is more rare, I don't really feel there is a huge difference in price or collectability. A #1 is a #1.

There are those who get all tingly when they hear the term "Black Label". I am just not that type of person.

When I first started collecting I admit, it peaked my curiosity enough to look into it, but after a lot of reading in to it, I wouldn't pay much more if anything for a black label.

People with white labels usually feel that way lol

If you are kidding...ha ha

If not, you are wrong about this white label owner. I don't care at all. I could have waited to buy a black label MR. If I had enough money to buy a 9.6...I could have bought a black label.

It makes no difference at all. If you are happy with a black label I'm happy for you. Just don't think everyone else thinks like you.

I sold a 9.4 Black Label to pay for a 9.8 White Label. Grade trumps label color IMO. Seeing as how CGC doesn't recognize the difference and Kirkman himself cant confirm which is more rare, I don't really feel there is a huge difference in price or collectability. A #1 is a #1.

There are those who get all tingly when they hear the term "Black Label". I am just not that type of person.

When I first started collecting I admit, it peaked my curiosity enough to look into it, but after a lot of reading in to it, I wouldn't pay much more if anything for a black label.

People with white labels usually feel that way lol

I agree with you!

and also if you are a true collector you will want both. No different then bronze marvel 35 cent variants which everyone wants, just because CGC has a special designation. It is very clear no matter what people keep saying, the black label is much harder to come by. Look at ebay at anyone point in time. Data is loud and clear.

ebay isn't the only data source.

Regardless if one is more abundant than the other....the whole run was a little over 7,000.

It's not a common book regardless of what color the MR label is. And pricing has not shown a premium for the black MR.

I call BS on the difference. Nobody out there besides these boards really care about the color MR label.

...if you are a true collector you will want both.

No, if you are an obsessional collector you will want both. There are plenty of "true" collectors on this board who have just one and are happy with it!

Nobody out there besides these boards really care about the color MR label.

(thumbs u

:o

Someone just got very lucky. $150 for a #1 1st print black label:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-DEad-First-Print-1-Excellent-condition-/281054822184?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item41702c3f28&nma=true&si=c2ihGa8bM%252FY7nTEg%252FWlBpvWRe40%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2-4 also for $100 each and 5 for $80. Seems like a legit ebay user from the feedback.

Congrats to the buyer.

6 is still available if someone wants it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-DEad-First-Print-1-Excellent-condition-/281054822184?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item41702c3f28&nma=true&si=c2ihGa8bM%252FY7nTEg%252FWlBpvWRe40%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2-4 also for $100 each and 5 for $80. Seems like a legit ebay user from the feedback.

Congrats to the buyer.

Man, I bought one for 300 last year and thought that was a steal.

...if you are a true collector you will want both.

No, if you are an obsessional collector you will want both. There are plenty of "true" collectors on this board who have just one and are happy with it!

Nobody out there besides these boards really care about the color MR label.

(thumbs u

I had a talk with a fellow boardie about me acquiring another #1, he advised me that when collecting we need to stay focused on what we really want. I told him I was in the market for another #1. So I began to sell the items I no longer wanted, and started saving for another #1. Then I started seeing other things that I wanted and they began to take priority i.e. OA, commissions, etc. I started to see my "focus" begin to slip. What I have "decided" is that I am fully content with the #1 I already own. It is a blue label 9.4, white MR. So I do have to agree with the statement above, that I am "happy" with owning just 1 copy. If anything I might sell the 9.4 to go towards a 9.6 or a 9.8. Who knows? I'm not here to brag but if I wanted I could just pull the trigger on another copy, but I just don't see me spending money on something I already own. I got the 9.4 for $900. I don't want to spend over $1000 on another one. 2c

Edited by retrothecollector

Congrats to the buyer.

Wow. Looks like the seller didn't know what he had. Maybe the last time he looked this was valued at $150...

ebay isn't the only data source.

Regardless if one is more abundant than the other....the whole run was a little over 7,000.

It's not a common book regardless of what color the MR label is. And pricing has not shown a premium for the black MR.

I call BS on the difference. Nobody out there besides these boards really care about the color MR label.

(thumbs u

"It doesn't matter if you're black or white."

- Michael Jackson

=O !!!!

Ironically, I see no obvious red flags anywhere either.

That only lasted 5 minutes and some odd seconds, too.

I don't believe it's a real sale. $150 for a WD 1? nah

The only way this is real is that he meant to put $1500 as the BIN price and ballsed it up.

I agree with Tim