• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

i hear ya Mark.

the variants are a PITA! lol

They are! I'm not going after all of them. I had a shot at the 35 error but didn't buy it. It's too expensive for my tastes.

I'll get what I can here and there...my only missing main title books remain 60, 61 and 92. I'll probably find them at Megacon.

im going after all of them in 9.8's. Good thing is, im in no rush :)

Yea, you should be able to find those last ones you need at the show.

60 shouldnt be bad, but the other two may be tricky as i think people at shows tend to over price their floppies

Got a chance to buy a CGC 9.2 Walking Dead #1 for 900 bucks. Good deal?

seems high. is it a Black or White Label?

I saw a 9.2 sell for $800 a week or so ago

White Label

Black labels aren't bringing a premium like you think.

White Label

no, but they are harder to locate.

White Label

no, but they are harder to locate.

True.

I think $900 is too high for a 9.2 when a 9.6 is $1,200. Save the extra $300 and buy a 9.6.

I think $900 is too high for a 9.2 when a 9.6 is $1,200. Save the extra $300 and buy a 9.6.

+1

The price disparity between 9.8 and 9.6 is too high and the disparity between 9.6 and anything below including raw's is way too low.

Speaking of variants, can someone explain to me the logic behind the price difference of the WD 100 Diamond B&W variant and the WD 100 Escape variant?

The WD 100 Diamond B&W variant was sold to retailers and had a print run of 7500.

The WD 100 Escape variant was given out to participants of the Walking Dead Escape attraction as SDCC 2012 and it had a print run of over 10,000.

Yet the Diamond variant can be bought for $12-20 raw and as low at $50 CGC 9.8

The Escape variant is $100-$150 raw and who know as far as a 9.8.

Speaking of variants, can someone explain to me the logic behind the price difference of the WD 100 Diamond B&W variant and the WD 100 Escape variant?

The WD 100 Diamond B&W variant was sold to retailers and had a print run of 7500.

The WD 100 Escape variant was given out to participants of the Walking Dead Escape attraction as SDCC 2012 and it had a print run of over 10,000.

Diamond Variant could be had at SDCC all con long.. Escape.. You had to run. :whee:

Diamond Variant could be had at SDCC all con long.. Escape.. You had to run. :whee:

You forgot Climb, Duck and Dodge Zombies. I had a blast.

Anyone wondering why the escape variant is a little tougher must not have seen the people wiping blood, sweat, and fake zombie blood all over them on the way out. People were rolling them up, fanning themselves with them, etc. I actually grabbed one off the top of a trash can and then put it back after seeing the back cover.