• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

If this was the 2nd or 3rd storyarc I'm pretty sure people would be like "what the hell am I reading here!?!?!?!"

There's someone who refers to himself as KING Ezekial. There are Knights on horses. There's a Tiger. There's a traitor. There's a big bad dude who the "Kingdom" wants to get rid of.

Seems like one of those Disney Fantasy type of Pixar tales right now. This Negan (and now subsequently Ezekial) storyarc is absolutely killing me :(

Edited by Erndog

there is no place for me in this thread. i thought the issue was stupid to the point of self parody. a knight on horseback, a king w/ a tiger. i'm going to re-read the first 48 issues to cleanse the palate.

Wha????

You're talking about Walking Dead #108 right?

You guys are cracking me up this morning! lol

This book is what it is. to ME, it's about the interactions of real* people after the world has gone to mess. you don't like it? stop reading it. no worries.

but to say that it's the same old like what the BigBloatedTwo put out month after month (and in some cases ever week or two, hello Age of Ultron #2 came out this week, #1 was LAST week, $8 in two weeks?!?, no thanks)

Do i need to give a character breakdown here about Thor? DD? Batman? etc?

Whens the last time DC printed the "F" word in a Batman book?

"oh, its not needed in a Batman book" some might say. that is absolute B.S.

*it IS a comic book, but it's as close to real life as i am personally reading.

Was thinking this after reading the opening pages of #108.

If you can get past the whole Glenn thing, Negan doesn't seem like such a bad guy. You know, given the circumstances and all.

I get the feeling that he was bored and a entitled trust fund baby with a lot of aggression before the world went in the crapper.

He's no governor by a long shot. the little guy is kinda growing on me.

Edited by awakeintheashes

You guys are cracking me up this morning! lol

This book is what it is. to ME, it's about the interactions of real* people after the world has gone to mess. you don't like it? stop reading it. no worries.

but to say that it's the same old like what the BigBloatedTwo put out month after month (and in some cases ever week or two, hello Age of Ultron #2 came out this week, #1 was LAST week, $8 in two weeks?!?, no thanks)

Do i need to give a character breakdown here about Thor? DD? Batman? etc?

Whens the last time DC printed the "F" word in a Batman book?

"oh, its not needed in a Batman book" some might say. that is absolute B.S.

*it IS a comic book, but it's as close to real life as i am personally reading.

Not everyone agrees with the book, sometimes its good, sometimes it sucks. It just so happens to be sucking right now, hopefully it will get better.

All the things that happen in the WD, I feel would really happen. If this really happened people will get god complexes and crown themselves "king" "governor" "god", etc. People would need to be lead, because in the real world there are leaders and there are followers. It's an apocalyptic world and there are dangers all over the place. It's only been what a year or 2? And they're still trying to figure out how the world is going to play out, with the walkers and people. The story makes sense to me, and I love it.

Please don't misconstrue my person_without_enough_empathying, I just didn't like the one book. I love this arc, and Negan is better than the Governor to me, #108 just left me shrugging my shoulders.

Jim

I like Negan as a character more than the Gov as well. I just don't "hate" him like hated the Gov. I think Negan and Lucille will play a different role in Rick's world.

Who knows though. I'm along for the ride regardless.

Please don't misconstrue my person_without_enough_empathying, I just didn't like the one book. I love this arc, and Negan is better than the Governor to me, #108 just left me shrugging my shoulders.

Jim

I like Negan as a character more than the Gov as well. I just don't "hate" him like hated the Gov. I think Negan and Lucille will play a different role in Rick's world.

I also prefer Negan - it's like someone wrote above: besides killing Glenn, he hasn't actually done anything all that terrible. I can believe that he thinks that the odd bit of ultra-violence is necessary to keep people in line.

Contrast with the governor, who liked to make out with zombie children, chop people's heads off and keep them in fish tanks and all the other horrible stuff. There's a difference between being evil and cheerfully unhinged.

Jim

I also prefer Negan - it's like someone wrote above: besides killing Glenn, he hasn't actually done anything all that terrible. I can believe that he thinks that the odd bit of ultra-violence is necessary to keep people in line.

Contrast with the governor, who liked to make out with zombie children, chop people's heads off and keep them in fish tanks and all the other horrible stuff. There's a difference between being evil and cheerfully unhinged.

here we go:

Racist

PUTS HOT IRONS ON PEOPLE'S FACES

Sleeps with other peoples' wives daily

Killed Glen with a baseball bat

psychologically mind effed Carl in 106

Raider

potty mouth

Yeah. He's a good guy? :screwy:

but those that are saying that it sucks seem to be saying that its because of a "wash/rinse/repeat" cycle, and im saying much like life is a "wash/rinse/repeat" cycle, so is TWD

Thanks for reminding me, I need to get my clothes out of the dryer!!!

Jim

here we go:

Racist

PUTS HOT IRONS ON PEOPLE'S FACES

Sleeps with other peoples' wives daily

Killed Glen with a baseball bat

psychologically mind effed Carl in 106

Raider

potty mouth

Yeah. He's a good guy? :screwy:

Other than sleeping with anybody, let alone somebody elses wife you just described half of the boards :thumbsup:

Jim

All the things that happen in the WD, I feel would really happen. If this really happened people will get god complexes and crown themselves "king" "governor" "god", etc. People would need to be lead, because in the real world there are leaders and there are followers. It's an apocalyptic world and there are dangers all over the place. It's only been what a year or 2? And they're still trying to figure out how the world is going to play out, with the walkers and people. The story makes sense to me, and I love it.

This is how I viewed it as well. After the world goes to hell...no working...no electricity, walking dead people....I can see how some would regress to ancient types of cultures and get Kings, Governors, etc. It does seem plausible that this could occur in a world that truly has gone to hell.

I'm not sure i'm loving it right now but it's keeping me interested.