• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I know the GPA price for #53 has eased a little so maybe Raws will as well.

I've got a couple "in the system" somewhere and I know Joeys just posted a couple of boxes my way.

If you want,you could always PM in a week or two and I'm sure we could work something out.

Time payments for a boardie are always ok (thumbs u

going to ramble a little bit here. sorry if that offends anyone

im still so green to the comic market. always learning, and i like that that's the case. it took me a few months to find my focus in this hobby. Now that i have (WD/Saga), its weird to me to see all the hoopla going all around these parts about the newest releases. i mean, i get it, people want to get in on the ground floor of the "next" Walking Dead.

But when was the last time around these parts that TWD was this "far down the food chain"? for lack of a better way to make myself clear. it seems that PP, NWM, and now EoW are all selling for more then TWD. ok, not REALLY, but you know what i mean (i hope)

I don't think it is.

Newer episodes are discussed now re: the story.

There is no financial value in them as the print runs have hit 70k+.

You can only chat about 1 issue for so long.

The fans are still here (I include myself) but the flippers have moved on to pastures new.

It always is like this.

Savvy people are still looking for those nice early #1 - #53 collections, the ones with no aptitude for the work, (as flipping is work - hard work, involving research, research and research and establishing a good pool of repeat buyers..) are just following the herd.

GPA is a must, as is the ability to think for yourself.

The last attribute is lacking on this forum in particular.

The Walking Dead is not 'down the pecking order'.

The sheep have just moved onto a different field.

I guarantee you - absolutely guarantee - that in 12 months when NWM is gone and forgotten,TWD #1 - #10 plus #19, #27 and #92 will be going strong - if not stronger.

going to ramble a little bit here. sorry if that offends anyone

im still so green to the comic market. always learning, and i like that that's the case. it took me a few months to find my focus in this hobby. Now that i have (WD/Saga), its weird to me to see all the hoopla going all around these parts about the newest releases. i mean, i get it, people want to get in on the ground floor of the "next" Walking Dead.

But when was the last time around these parts that TWD was this "far down the food chain"? for lack of a better way to make myself clear. it seems that PP, NWM, and now EoW are all selling for more then TWD. ok, not REALLY, but you know what i mean (i hope)

I don't think it is.

Newer episodes are discussed now re: the story.

There is no financial value in them as the print runs have hit 70k+.

You can only chat about 1 issue for so long.

The fans are still here (I include myself) but the flippers have moved on to pastures new.

It always is like this.

Savvy people are still looking for those nice early #1 - #53 collections, the ones with no aptitude for the work, (as flipping is work - hard work, involving research, research and research and establishing a good pool of repeat buyers..) are just following the herd.

GPA is a must, as is the ability to think for yourself.

The last attribute is lacking on this forum in particular.

The Walking Dead is not 'down the pecking order'.

The sheep have just moved onto a different field.

I guarantee you - absolutely guarantee - that in 12 months when NWM is gone and forgotten,TWD #1 - #10 plus #19, #27 and #92 and #108will be going strong - if not stronger.

Fixed it for you Andy! :insane:

#108 - you that confident in Ezekiel mate?

I ordered 10 to B+B and forget about for a few years just on the off-chance.

Have you heard any long term plans for Tiger-Man?

I have a lot of time for your posts, they are usually very perceptive, so why do you think its a potential key?

Honestly just seems like he can be a long term player. Going a little of hunch due to popularity of 92. I usually get 3 of every issue but stacked 8 or 10 up on this one. I really just get excited about anything new TWD. Definitely addicted. My buddy that is into comics for speculation reasons (can't get the bugger to read anything :facepalm:) I catch *spoon* from him all the time about it because I will make a bunch of $ on a book like PP and turn around and blow it on TWD. :tonofbricks:

Anyways I have noticed a 50/50 split on these boards about zeke. I think his page time was excellent and a potentially accurate depiction of what would happen to society in an apocalypse situation. Shoot it happens every day in African countries with Warlords. It all goes back to tribe and chief social structure. Kirkman is really showing that since the intro of Alexandria.

Honestly just seems like he can be a long term player. Going a little of hunch due to popularity of 92. I usually get 3 of every issue but stacked 8 or 10 up on this one. I really just get excited about anything new TWD. Definitely addicted. My buddy that is into comics for speculation reasons (can't get the bugger to read anything :facepalm:) I catch *spoon* from him all the time about it because I will make a bunch of $ on a book like PP and turn around and blow it on TWD. :tonofbricks:

Anyways I have noticed a 50/50 split on these boards about zeke. I think his page time was excellent and a potentially accurate depiction of what would happen to society in an apocalypse situation. Shoot it happens every day in African countries with Warlords. It all goes back to tribe and chief social structure. Kirkman is really showing that since the intro of Alexandria.

That's what I have been saying all along. What is going on in WD could really happen. People will get God complexes and start crowning themselves. It all can really happen. Haven't you people ever watch Mad Max, the new one with Denzel, um The book of Eli. I know they're movies and this is a fictional story. But it does depict what humans would actually do. As far as Ezekiel goes 1st Apps are always good to have. Shoot I sold a 108 9.8 for $80 and the person doesn't want it anymore and they sent it back. And you know what? I am actually happy they are sending it back because I am going to keep it. I regretted selling it. And I am too a WD junkie, I sell things non-WD related to buy Wd material. :insane:

and i STILL say that #53 is under appreciated! :) and if i can win more, i will! :)

That's what I'm saying. A 9.8 is a little high for me right now, but I was lucky enough to get a 9.6 for $65 shipped. I'll be happy to hold it for awhile.

nice! i have a 9.6 as well :)

(thumbs u

Ok so the owner of my LCS and I were having a discussion about print runs and shop orders for particular titles and issues. The topic of WD 100 came up. I knew that he had placed a large order in order to get several of the 1:200 books. Meanwhile he has been sitting on a sizable cache of the 8 covers. He told me today I could buy sets of 8 @ $1.50 per issue. So I'm wondering what the resale of these should be like down the road. Considering this issue was the modern day equivalent to Spider-Man #1 or X-Men #1 from the 90's.

Your right, I just read it comes out this month... lol No I can't wait

Next month is September already?!?!? Whoa did time fly. I must've slept through it.

:baiting:

I read the wrong thing. "Both games are offered for pre-order in Diamond's April PREVIEWS catalog, which hits the shelves of comic book shops on March 28th. To pre-order the games, find a comic shop near you at www.comicshoplocator.com or call 1-888-comicbook. Retailers interested in purchasing the games are encouraged to contact Diamond's New Accounts Department at newaccounts@diamondcomics.com or via phone at 800-45-COMIC."

doh!

So one of my LCS' has a habbit of marking up WD issues the Saturday morning after they are release to at least 2x cover price. They have already marked 108 up to $10 and only have 2 copies of it left where as they have plenty of 105 106 and 107... @ $6each

Luckily I only go there when there is something like Sixth Gun that doesn't get a lot of orders and want more then my main shop ordered. Plus I picked up 10 copies of 108 for 15% off at my main shop. The most I've ever bought of a single issue so far.

Edited by Sarfa

Ok so the owner of my LCS and I were having a discussion about print runs and shop orders for particular titles and issues. The topic of WD 100 came up. I knew that he had placed a large order in order to get several of the 1:200 books. Meanwhile he has been sitting on a sizable cache of the 8 covers. He told me today I could buy sets of 8 @ $1.50 per issue. So I'm wondering what the resale of these should be like down the road. Considering this issue was the modern day equivalent to Spider-Man #1 or X-Men #1 from the 90's.
Depends how long your heirs are willing to hold them...