• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Thanks you guys. I scored a 9.2 from a fellow boardie and its in pretty good shape. Just thought I'd asked. ZC the 33a cover had the same date as the 33b cover so If it came out 3 weeks later then it must of made it to the shelves before 1/07. I'm going to ask Rob if and when I ever meet him! lol

The release date (27/12) is listed on the Image website here but I wouldn't know if that is actually what happened. Maybe we should just all write into Letter Hacks about it lol Just find a way to insult RK someway while asking and it might get answered.

its a must own book

depends on who you ask.

Most would say no.

if one collects Walking Dead Floppies, how can they not own it? or at least want to?

Depends on how many completists there are.

I love the walking dead, but I will never go out of my way to get a second printing of any book from the run. I just want first printings. Then again, I don't like variants either, unless I'm buying them to read the book. No incentive if the cover is different but the interior content is the same. I understand it as a second print to initially get more people to jump on board and read the series, but I seriously question the degree of collectibility in something like that. With all the artificial collectibility there is in comics, chasing after some second print of a book I already have the first print of seems ... silly.

its a must own book

depends on who you ask.

Most would say no.

if one collects Walking Dead Floppies, how can they not own it? or at least want to?

I love the walking dead, but I will never go out of my way to get a second printing of any book from the run. I just want first printings. Then again, I don't like variants either, unless I'm buying them to read the book. No incentive if the cover is different but the interior content is the same. I understand it as a second print to initially get more people to jump on board and read the series, but I seriously question the degree of collectibility in something like that. With all the artificial collectibility there is in comics, chasing after some second print of a book I already have the first print of seems ... silly.

Ok fair enough Phil. I only have one question though if you don't mind. If you do collect WD books, which of the covers did you choose from issue #100? :popcorn:

its a must own book

depends on who you ask.

Most would say no.

Ok fair enough Phil. I only have one question though if you don't mind. If you do collect WD books, which of the covers did you choose from issue #100? :popcorn:

You are not a true Walking Dead collector until you have all the covers signed by Kirkman, Adlard and the cover artist in 9.8 Sig Series.

:insane:

So far have the big ones with McFarlane, Ottley and Silvestri. Gonna add Kirkman and Adlard to a signed Quietly and will be picking up a Hitch one this con season.

So who has a 3x Sean Phillips one for me? :)

thankfully there is no wrong way to collect.

i wish i was able to collect only first prints, life would be easier! lol

and Brendan, if i were to collect yellows, they would have to be signed by all the artists that worked on the book. if their name is on the cover, they have to sign it.

So that means Cliff as well on Dead books

Edited by ThoseBackPages

and Brendan, if i were to collect yellows, they would have to be signed by all the artists that worked on the book. if their name is on the cover, they have to sign it.

Good luck getting Cliff. Does he even go to cons at all anymore?

Good luck getting Cliff. Does he even go to cons at all anymore?

if it were easy, everyone would do it.

I have 3 copies of 108. I'm sure at least one could get a 9.8. Would it be worth getting graded? I haven't been a regular reader until issue #104 (took me a while to read all of the TPBs), so I'm not sure how newer first appearances are.

Just to give an update to all my Walking Dead subscribers.

I have you covered on 108 9.8, Governor Green Foil ECCC 9.8

I also have enough of WW St. Louis 1 and WD Michonne Special Second Printing subbed.

When I get around to it early next week I'll do billing.

I also have enough of WW St. Louis 1 and WD Michonne Special Second Printing subbed.

your WonderCon Sales Thread has killed the BST area! lol

your WonderCon Sales Thread has killed the BST area! lol

That's because everyone is waiting to see if the black dots get removed.