• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

In case anyone was wondering who got it :

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=143092

Maybe it has been discussed before (sorry for being a newbie) but wouldn't t it be great to have a 3rd thread for WD, entirely focused on OA ? One for TV, one for comics, one for OA ?

No I don't think it was discussed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Wow good for you JJ

Are there cliff notes or a good site that does a synopsis? I couldn't get through the first. Not because of the story but because of my attention span.

Not sure if this is old news today, but DF are selling 20 random CGC 9.8 Walking Dead issues for $35 each. Thinking they'd all be pretty recent issues though.

I missed out :( here is hoping that they are all #100 since I have them already lol.

Not sure if this is old news yet, but I wrote to Mark hay about the OA from issue #108 ans got this reply: :cry:

Hi John,

Nice to hear from you. I'm afraid that the complete story and cover for Issue 108 has been sold to a collector so none of the pages are available for sale. While typically pages and covers are not pre-sold unless Kirkman and Skybound/TV personnel claim pieces, this was an exception due to the scope of purchase. This is most likely a very rare situation and 109 and future issues should be sold individually. Sorry for the disappointing news. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks

Mark

It was a one shot deal for me......thought it would be cool to have a whole issue.

I think its a sickness. But really I can't be the only one that thought it would be cool to get a complete issue. I have tried in the past but its hard to get an issue that has not been picked oneway or another before it hits the public. So with that ,issue 108 might not have been my first choice....But I went with it. Anyway I love collecting The Walking Dead OA and comics. And now I get to check off one of my goals. But as it is with us collectors if we reach a goal we just make a new one. Thats part of the sickness...lol

James J

Very Nice James! Does something like that run north of 10K?

Only one way to find out......Start talking to Mark for issue 109...lol

Its priceless to me. With being new to collecting OA the one new rule I have is I don't talk about what I paid. (tsk)

fair enough. sorry, didnt mean to offend you

You didn't offend me no worries.......Now I wish I had gotten Issue 100. That would have been very cool. Its my understanding that whole issue was bought by someone. From reading older post here.... That person must be on cloud 9.

Very Nice James! Does something like that run north of 10K?

Only one way to find out......Start talking to Mark for issue 109...lol

Its priceless to me. With being new to collecting OA the one new rule I have is I don't talk about what I paid. (tsk)

Fantastic rule. I'll never let anyone know how much my cover cost. Let Mark dictate the market.

@ TBP. It's very simple math. Just average out each page that Mark has up for sale. Walker page vs. Non-walker page will vary. Action vs. non-action and main character vs. non-main character. etc.... I have already done the math, and yes IMO it would exceed 10k.

Edited by retrothecollector

@ TBP. It's very simple math. Just average out each page. Walker page vs. Non-walker page will vary. Action vs. non-action and main character vs. non-main character. etc.... I have already done the math, and yes IMO it would exceed 10k.

i get that part of it ;)

i would also say there is a "you get to buy it all" "tax" lol

@ TBP. It's very simple math. Just average out each page. Walker page vs. Non-walker page will vary. Action vs. non-action and main character vs. non-main character. etc.... I have already done the math, and yes IMO it would exceed 10k.

i get that part of it ;)

That too was a factor in my head.

i get that part of it ;)

:popcorn: