• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Question.

I imagine this has been discussed sometime but I'm not looking through 2000 pages... Why was there never a WD #1 reprint (Image Firsts don't count).

Nowadays everything's getting second, third and fourth prints... Heck some titles get a 2nd printing of #1 the same week #2 comes out.

Question.

I imagine this has been discussed sometime but I'm not looking through 2000 pages... Why was there never a WD #1 reprint (Image Firsts don't count).

Nowadays everything's getting second, third and fourth prints... Heck some titles get a 2nd printing of #1 the same week #2 comes out.

No one expected WD to become anywhere near as big as it is. There wasn't the same demand for WD as there is now. I remember going to Wondercon and buying multiple copies of #20-28 for half off cover on Sunday. Plus, and I could be wrong, image hadn't yet bumrushed the industry with handfuls of excellent titles.

yup zek's and shiva's first appearance. :)

should be an important character

Based on what?

Ezekiel could be killed in the first (if it happens) battle - the other one is a bloody tiger.

Do we go and buy #8 because it was the first appearance of Hershels Cows?

This is right up there with Ricks pretend brother on the cover of that store variant!