• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Since we are on the topic of sh**ty art by Adlard, and yes we all know he can draw well. This is by far the dumbest drawing he has ever done. :sick: Makes me want to throw up all over the place.

KGrHqFlUFCysjFCHlBQwrmyDYb60_57_zps8f14c9e3.jpg

What the...

I suck at drawing and I could draw that... Which reminds me, we haven't had a contest in a while.

I agree that Adlard has got sloppy

I mean you can see clearly the difference in Claudio's comparison earlier on, but I have to say 106 wraparound cover was absolutely awesome and I'm definitely liking the looks of some the ones coming up

I love the cover to 91 and think it's the best recent Adlard cover however, timing wise, it would have worked better as the cover to, say, 68 instead. The coloring definitely makes it appeal to me though I love the detail too.

I get (I think) what they were trying to do with the mundaneness of issues 70-80 and portraying that on the covers but still...

Top of my head, worst covers since 48 are (in no particular order)

110 (sorry NYC)

and best are

80 AZ variant and that's a photo. Yikes!

I agree with another poster that quite a few of the covers seem like ordinary pages from the books and nothing to really grab you and make you want to buy that book just to find out what's inside based on the cool cover.

And, Adlard's sketches/remarks have gotten really bad too.

I have some of his earlier sketches from pre-2008 or 09 and they are very nice but his zombies lately make it seem like he does them in less time than it takes Stan Lee to sign his name.

This cover's super lame, amirite?

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1010864

:boo:

No offense...I think it is.

Of course having the OA is cool but I don't think the cover is good at all

No offense taken. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even when I think it's wrong.

I do think that Charlie gets bashed unjustly here a lot. His art is great, he's on time, he's a CRAZY personable and nice dude considering his take in TWD and regardless of TM being on the initial books, Charlie brought us every memorable moment of the comic from issue 6-now. I love my commission from Tony Moore, but to me, Charlie is THE Walking Dead artist. He's brought it to life for over 100+ issues and I'm proud to have a cover and a few interior pages and great sketches.

Edited by ComicsNYC22

This cover's super lame, amirite?

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1010864

:boo:

No offense...I think it is.

Of course having the OA is cool but I don't think the cover is good at all

That cover is very basic to me.

Nothing special going on that hasn't been done a million times before on comic book covers.

I used to really like Adlard's art, but after the prison arc it has just been uber rushed and basic childish style of art.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

The only covers that stood out as terrible IMO, is the larger world and something to fear arcs. I get it, he was on a bad dash but, yeah those covers were teribad. Although recently he has been pumping out good stuff which is a step I'm the right direction.

dont like CA's drawing variants? you say the story variants sucks since the prison arc? dont buy the book. plain and simple.

hm

Got almost every Variant

It was such a pain trying to get all of them but some of them are awesome Example 75 Retailer Apreciation homeage to no 1

The only covers that stood out as terrible IMO, is the larger world and something to fear arcs. I get it, he was on a bad dash but, yeah those covers were teribad. Although recently he has been pumping out good stuff which is a step I'm the right direction.

see, i thought the larger world covers were excellent.