• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

those new shirts are SDCC shirts. i think i read that if there are any left after SDCC, they may wind up on the website

They released those at the Expo. I got Saviors and Survivors! :cloud9: Great looking shirts just the same material quality as the Kill Them All! shirt.

Just want to let everyone know that the TWD Faction shirts aren't SDCC exclusive. They'll be available online after the show and they're going to be offered in Previews for October. They're too cool to not offer to everyone!!

-shawn

Hello Shawn! nice to see you dropped by

I'm always here, just never post. ;)

-shawn

those new shirts are SDCC shirts. i think i read that if there are any left after SDCC, they may wind up on the website

They released those at the Expo. I got Saviors and Survivors! :cloud9: Great looking shirts just the same material quality as the Kill Them All! shirt.

Just want to let everyone know that the TWD Faction shirts aren't SDCC exclusive. They'll be available online after the show and they're going to be offered in Previews for October. They're too cool to not offer to everyone!!

-shawn

Joins 11/12

Waits to post first post in the WD thread over the t-shirts. hm

Golden.

The shirts are the most important thing, you can't wear a slab out on the town. Though, I'm sure someone here might try that...@ThoseBackPages

-shawn

Joins 11/12

Waits to post first post in the WD thread over the t-shirts. hm

Golden.

The shirts are the most important thing, you can't wear a slab out on the town. Though, I'm sure someone here might try that...@ThoseBackPages

Yep... you're at 3 posts now... meet you at 10,000 :devil:

Wonder if its the same as 'The Remains' shirt I bought at NYCC last year. The collar tore after just one wash :( :( :( :( :( :(

Edited by nikocb

How is there not more talk of the comic going on? I guess many people need time to read it.

The first very intense issue in a while and the thread is practically quiet lol .

This next arc, if #112 is anything to go by, could actually be up there with the prison arcs.

TWD got back to its absolute best with #112.

Awesome.

Anyone thinking of giving up on TWD - just go on back to your LCS and buy this issue.

Rick is so - and his only hand is badly injured

I agree.

#112 actually had me left in suspense... I haven't felt that way since the prison,

I have really high hopes for AoW.

Honestly, I had the complete opposite reaction while reading it. To me, what made the old issues great was that anything could happen. Any character could die at any moment. And Kirkman was willing to do that if it made sense in the story. His writing was very brave. It had the feeling like he'll kill anyone and just create more characters.

This was the feeling readers had back then and what made the comic great. Kirkman himself realized this and it was the major reason they have the TV show different from the comic. To recapture that feeling readers had of anyone could die, while watching the WD TV shows.

As I read this issue. I thought the same thing as the comments I've quoted below. This is nothing like the old days like the prison arc. Because I knew Kirkman wasn't going to kill Negan. I never even thought he was in danger. As I was reading it and Rick made his decision I immediately thought why didn't he just shoot him? That would have made sense. And how are they going to end this issue without killing anyone? I know he's getting away because they are doing a big event.

Now it seems like a major character is on the chopping block. But odds are it will happen in the new issue with 11 covers to get people to buy all the copies. That doesn't feel like The Walking Dead.... it feels like a Marvel comic... :pullhair:

Here's a question about the events of #112:

If Rick intended to kill Negan, why not do it inside the gates of Alexandria? It makes no sense at all to let them out in their truck - Andrea could have missed, they could have driven off, and Rick and crew would have had no chance of catching them on foot.

I appreciate that he didn't know that they had armed backup outside. But he thought that there were 8 unarmed guys inside the gates - so why not just kill them there? Two or three Alexandrians with guns - in fact probably just Rick and Andrea on their own - could have taken them out no problem.

Snap decision? I read into it that Rick was pretty thrown by Negan being there unexpectedly and dealing with what had happened to Spencer. Don't have a copy here, but did Rick have a chance to break off and get backup inside the gates because it didn't seem like he was prepared to confront Negan and just walked up to him and faced off at the time.

Just another "Damnit Carl Rick!" moment :):cloud9:

Or...

Why did Andrea choose to shoot the driver and not just take out Negan in the front seat?

That would

negate the need for the "All Out War" arc lol

But, I'm still excited to see Negan eventually get pwned

It would be something if he kills Rick and took over and Carl had to be chained to the Tree of Woe, making his plans to get vengence on Thulsa Doom....

Oh wait, nerd crossover

394002-doomt_large.jpg

I actually prefer Adlard's current art style as opposed to what it looked like early on. I will agree that at times it feels rushed and that hurts the details or proportions.i thnk having an inker will help; unfortunately, both will be working double time.

Did anyone notice that this thread has just reached over 1000000 views.

Did you notice that the "moderns that are heating up on ebay" thread is not far behind? And that thread is 2 years old 10/26/11....The WD thread is 5 years....Wow... hm

edit: I think that's the thread that people go to, to find the next WD.... MONIES!!!!

Edited by retrothecollector

I for one have to get all 12 covers.... so *spooning* annoying but I am wayyy too OCD with my collection :P and the fact that they're connecting should be good like the second prints of 97-102... but hopefully better

That is exactly why they are doing it. 12 covers x 2.99 = 35.88

That is if they're 2.99. There's no price on the previews. Hopefully it's safe to assume, but you never know.

They do say 12 now, but who knows. They'll probably treat it like #100 and have 6 hidden covers too. :facepalm:

Plus I'm sure there will be 2nd print variants of all the covers.

Wonder if its the same as 'The Remains' shirt I bought at NYCC last year. The collar tore after just one wash :( :( :( :( :( :(

The new shirts are much better. Send me a PM with your shirt size and an address.

-shawn

The new shirts are much better. Send me a PM with your shirt size and an address.

-shawn

WTTB!

I must say you and your team at the table @ the Expo were amazing. I do not know how you guys can handle the masses the way you all do. :golfclap: