• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

The Triforce!!!

Gannon unleashed the zombies!

Dude, can you imagine. That would be an awesome crossover. If this was the 90's, that would be the next Image/Valiant crossover event.

WD/Zelda fan fiction, here we come.

Issue #1 goes a little like this.

Link's still trying to track down Epona. He soon realizes that Rick stole Epona during the first arc and Link's beloved equine was devoured by walkers. No love lost between our two protagonists.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Man, retro is going to be pissed.

Man would I !!! I would cry for months and bath in my own tears.

The only problem with this is that, not only would I cry, but I know that I wouldn't own the pages of Rick's death if and when that happens. I would probably have to sell all my collection just for that 1 page. It probably will be just as exciting as own the cover to #1. IMO

Dear Mr. Kirkman,

We love the WD so much, please do not kill Rick off so soon.

Thank you, A Fan

Edited by retrothecollector

it'll happen, but not for a long while.
Then it will be safe for Rick to die.

I can't think of a death of any beloved character of TWD that was safe :(

I know :( I still haven't gotten over Abe. That was a gut punch.

it'll happen, but not for a long while.
Then it will be safe for Rick to die.

I can't think of a death of any beloved character of TWD that was safe :(

I know :( I still haven't gotten over Abe. That was a gut punch.

Hershel's daughters :cry:

Psyche

Glenn :cry: :cry:

He really was. I can't put my finger on it, but he brought something to the book, and the dynamic between him and Rick was great. It hasn't felt the same since he took that arrow.

I think he was honorable and the kind of guy who wouldn't leave your side in a fight. He also understood the military way, " lead, follow, or get the *spoon* out of the way.". Super likable and I sure didn't like the way he went out. Then again, it was a lot better than the way Glenn went...

The thing about Abraham is that he wasn't just following Rick. He was a contemporary and an equal to Rick. He was a strong willed, convicted character. If he were still alive, and we were having the same discussion about Rick dying, I would be fine reading the book with Abraham in the lead.

Edited by bffnut

He really was. I can't put my finger on it, but he brought something to the book, and the dynamic between him and Rick was great. It hasn't felt the same since he took that arrow.

That dynamic was really enjoyable in #57 / 58 where those freaks were trying to abduct Carl and then Abe telling his back story. They seemed to operate on the same level with each other a lot of the time from #57 onwards, it didn't always feel like either was necessarily taking the lead from the other. #69 (Washington) was pretty badass too. Definitely a rounded and developed character with nice chunky dialogue that could have carried more of the story had he not come to an end. It's a shame because I always felt that he was a good counter to Rick's ever imminent falls from grace as someone that would find himself redeeming some of his past actions.

Haven't really felt like many of the others have developed as big a personality or as strong a bond with anyone yet. Jesus / Paul Monroe? Well I feel like he deserves more of a shot with a backstory.

Loved the way Adlard drew him as well. The shadows really suited him.

7Eg3y5u.png

If Kirkman is thinking of creating a long term saga, Rick could be dying soon. That frees Kirkman up to widen the story into areas outside of just following our band of heroes all the time. Those that stick around I am sure would grow to still like the book and the new directions it takes. I mean, really, can Rick defeat Negan? Do we want him to? Of course we do, but is Rick just another superhero who always finds a way to win?

I hope he lives, but somehow I think Kirkman is taking a longer view of his property and the legacy of TWD. Not just as a cash cow Marvel style to prolong as long as possible as "product". If he did, I think we would now have three or four creative teams producing TWD comics, but we don't. We still have the original, once a month, And a bunch of variant covers!

Anyway, eitherbNegan deals swift punishment to Rick. Or he allows Rick to live and they is just as stupid as most other comic book villains.

Also, allowing the story to shift to following Negans group could finally widen TWD outward in answering many larger questions of the zombie outbreak that we never see in TWD.

Edited by aman619