• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

i'm going to kill your son

No you're not

yes i am

no you're not

yes i am

please don't

yes i am

please don't

yes i am

"only 15 more issues until Rick kills Negan" I should write the WD.

Alright need advice from you walking dead experts. I want to get a Lucille edition of #100, but which version do I get? The signed or unsigned? Which is more scarce? I want to get both but not at the same time. So I want to get the more scarce one first. Also what is the ideal price I should pay for both versions?

By the way #113 kicked @rse!

BTW, just got the grades on my first prescreen to CGC. Super stoked, and getting back 21 Walking Dead 9.8s!

:banana:

(Also getting back some 9.8 Chew, Clone, Think Tank, ToT, and Peter Panzerfaust, but who cares about those titles in this thread!)

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but Connor is wearing an Adicts t-shirt with Monkey on the front. The are a punk band from the 70's and there from England. They are also one of my wife's favorite bands. I showed her the splash page with Connor wearing the shirt and it made her happy to see that. Way to go Adlard, he's gotta love The Adicts to put that in there. Also saw them play with my wife at a local venue in the states and they're really good.

Viva la revolution!

I believe the unsigned version is more rare. Of the 137 that are on the registry, only 12 are unsigned.

Don't forget that there are two Lucille editions:

1) The first one, that was supposedly limited to 500 copies, all signed by Kirkman (although there is now some debate about that... see below). Only those submitted before a cut off date got yellow labels, the others, if submitted afterwards, would get green. Of the 137 copies on the census:

- 96 are yellow (signed copy submitted before the deadline)

- 28 are green (signed copy submitted after the deadline)

- 12 are blue (unsigned copies submitted whenever, which weren't supposed to exist) :/

- 1 is restored :o

So blue would be the most rare of this version, if you can get your hands on one.

2) Then there's the "red foil" version, which is the same cover but unsigned, cardstock and with embossed red foil. This was limited to 250 copies. Census shows:

- 74 blue label

- 14 yellow label

Hope this helps.

I believe the unsigned version is more rare. Of the 137 that are on the registry, only 12 are unsigned.

1) The first one, that was supposedly limited to 500 copies, all signed by Kirkman (although there is now some debate about that... see below). Only those submitted before a cut off date got yellow labels, the others, if submitted afterwards, would get green. Of the 137 copies on the census:

- 12 are blue (unsigned copies submitted whenever, which weren't supposed to exist) :/

So blue would be the most rare of this version, if you can get your hands on one.

2) Then there's the "red foil" version, which is the same cover but unsigned, cardstock and with embossed red foil. This was limited to 250 copies. Census shows:

- 74 blue label

- 14 yellow label

Hope this helps.

Thanks!! So I am going to have to go after the blue label unsigned first.

Thanks for the help guys!!

I prefer the original Lucille retailer thank you issue that was signed. Those to me have held their value. The unsigned versus signed is a debate, it is a the same exact book, just one gets a yellow label versus blue label. It would depend which you like better, I wouldn't pay a premium for the unsigned version because it is the same book just not signed.

I prefer the original Lucille retailer thank you issue that was signed. Those to me have held their value. The unsigned versus signed is a debate, it is a the same exact book, just one gets a yellow label versus blue label. It would depend which you like better, I wouldn't pay a premium for the unsigned version because it is the same book just not signed.

Same could be said about a a WD 35 error. It has an incomplete story. However the #100 book isn't suppose to exist because they were all to be signed. The existence of the unsigned copy is what drove the need for a cutoff date. Also like you said some collectors don't want signed copies.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

- 74 blue label

- 14 yellow label

Hope this helps.

Thanks!! So I am going to have to go after the blue label unsigned first.

Thanks for the help guys!!

I believe Branget has them for sale on the FS thread.....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6945128#Post6945128

But you have to wait till Saturday until he post pics........