• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I love the Walking Dead so much. But I feel that putting my money into a #1 ASM will hold it's value more so than a cover of WD or the OA. That's why I try and just buy little pages. Don't get me wrong this book is great and Adlard delivers in his own way, sometimes. (No offense Adlard). I feel he works to much and sometimes his art is a little meh ..... But all in all, seems to me that GA/SA keys hold value. Now if I could get WD #1 OA cover, then now we are talking but we all know that'll never happen. This is my own opinion and does not reflect anyone who's a WD fan, more so than me. Love ya WD <3

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I love the Walking Dead so much. But I feel that putting my money into a #1 ASM will hold it's value more so than a cover of WD or the OA. That's why I try and just buy little pages. Don't get me wrong this book is great and Adlard delivers in his own way, sometimes. (No offense Adlard). I feel he works to much and sometimes his art is a little meh ..... But all in all, seems to me that GA/SA keys hold value. Now if I could get WD #1 OA cover, then now we are talking but we all know that'll never happen. This is my own opinion and does not reflect anyone who's a WD fan, more so than me. Love ya WD <3

I feel you on this buddy. I own zero OA, so I can't really comment on that aspect of your quote, but with regards to value there are two kinds worth discussing.

Intrinsic and market.

I buy books for both reasons and I'm sure most of us here do. When I buy a book for my collection, it's because intrinsically I love the work, the art, the story, etc. Value is important, but not as important as the connection with the work. This is why collectors are fanatical about collecting (at least one reason). There is a connection with the item. I collect SA and moderns and there's nothing like holding that "it" book (or OA) and feeling the zen of the moment in a collectors life.

You all know what I'm talking about. I love TWD too and would collect it if it was worth nothing (probably more of it - lol ). You invest years into a character and story until they are really a small part of your life. Kinda reminds me of Zelda when I was growing up. I actually lived in Hyrule (Ocarina of Time ruled). You can't put a price on nostalgia, on memories, on that connection. Of course, that last sentence is wrong because these things cost money, but the feeling is intangible.

Longest post of the day, over. rantrant

I feel you on this buddy. I own zero OA, so I can't really comment on that aspect of your quote, but with regards to value there are two kinds worth discussing.

Intrinsic and market.

I buy books for both reasons and I'm sure most of us here do. When I buy a book for my collection, it's because intrinsically I love the work, the art, the story, etc. Value is important, but not as important as the connection with the work. This is why collectors are fanatical about collecting (at least one reason). There is a connection with the item. I collect SA and moderns and there's nothing like holding that "it" book (or OA) and feeling the zen of the moment in a collectors life.

You all know what I'm talking about. I love TWD too and would collect it if it was worth nothing (probably more of it - lol ). You invest years into a character and story until they are really a small part of your life. Kinda reminds me of Zelda when I was growing up. I actually lived in Hyrule (Ocarina of Time ruled). You can't put a price on nostalgia, on memories, on that connection. Of course, that last sentence is wrong because these things cost money, but the feeling is intangible.

I totally understand Ryan. There is nothing like looking at my WD OA. Thanks for making me look in a different light, I see it that way too. I was just ranting too...Anyways let's talk about #113 :banana:

Intrinsic and market.

I totally understand Ryan. There is nothing like looking at my WD OA. Thanks for making me look in a different light, I see it that way too. I was just ranting too...Anyways let's talk about #113 :banana:

I definitely saw this in 2011/2012. I sold a ton of Thief of Thieves, Saga's and PP #1's and decided to invest in some bad art and some silver keys. No offense to Peter P, but when #1's were going for $700+, it was a no-brainer to trade that for an Avengers or X-men #1. I sold an AF 15 to essentially buy a WD commission and cover, a few YTLM pages and commissions, (and an engagement ring!). I don't regret it one bit.

I'm spreading the love now to focus on Bronze keys just because I can't believe there are so many available at such low prices. Did I just blow my cover?

So many pages from this issue that I want.

Bets on any of them being below $650?

Not sure, but to be fair, considering the popularity of the book, Charlie/Mark's prices are insanely fair.

Zero zombies in this issue, right?

In answer to the spoilered stuff... yes (although I have only had a chance to take a quick read).

Considering the popularity, secondary market, beastly omnibus sales, ardent fans, etc etc etc it's hardly unfair and good luck to them :) It's not unusual for other titles with other artists to fetch twice what they are asking.