• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Picked this up last night. Figured it was a bargain considering it's a decent zombie page, has Rick, Michonne and Carl, and is 100% Charlie.

RAD0CF0620131011_172716.jpg

Great pickup bud......

+1 Super tense and memorable moment.

Totally.... It's a an attempt like they did in Atlanta, surrounded by zombies, trying to escape, the little one was so scared he pissed himself. Great intense suspense........ love it.

The walking dead is a comic book

Hahaha, that's brilliant. Are you sure?

035-funny-photos.jpg

Yes it is used in the comic and not the tv show. Not because of the impact of rape but because a mature comic has much more leeway than a tv show.

Rape has been shown on tv plenty of times before so it certainly wasn't because they weren't able to show it.

I think it's an adult comic and your shock or disappointment is completely fine. Just don't expect us to agree in the walking dead fan thread. :)

It's got nothing to do with it being an adult comic. Again(!) it's not rape in any way shape or form that I'm arguing against, it is the way it was portrayed here (and in much other media). Please stop making that argument because it is a strawman.

It's perfectly possible to not like an element of something that overall you enjoy so the default position here shouldn't be one of defending Kirkman's every action. I loved Black Science but I still called it out for the refrigeration death in it. Nobody called me a troll then though or got super-defensive. hm

Lastly, the comic is not causing men to consider rape or to make it any less heinous. Those old enough to read it (and kids should not be buying or reading it) should know better it's fiction and not be influenced or desensitized to the atrocities of rape.

Another strawman. Do you honestly believe I said that?

To me rape and murder are both heinous acts, so I don't understand why one is okay to have and not the other.

Mark Millar got slaughtered in the media (and by other comic pros) for saying something similar to that. It's all out there online if you or anyone else doesn't understand why and would like to find out.

As long as they are both presented as horror and treated in a mature manner, I'm okay with it.

If this case was treated in a mature manner I would be ok with it too.

To get to the point that Katchoo is making, yes, it may have been a lazy plot device to show us how evil the Governor is. With that said, Kirkman, like most of us, has matured and so has his writing/storytelling. This is evident in his recent portrayal of the latest antagonist, Negan.

I understand that her point is less about the actual rape and more about how it was used to move the story/"Gov. is evil" forward. I do think Kirkman has evolved as a writer, so if you ever decide to finish the series, Katchoo, keep that in mind.

Thank goodness! I was beginning to think I was speaking in a different language. I say something and instead of offering a counterpoint all I'm getting is arguments against things I didn't even say.

I was thinking myself that it might even have been Kirkman who wanted the rape stuff kept out of the show. There's a chance he looks back on those few issues and has the same criticisms as I have. It was written a good few years ago so maybe he wouldn't be so lazy and thoughtless now.

Sheesh,just caught up with this thread and can I also ask that PM's be used? :tonofbricks:

Back to the comic - I liked how Negan mistook Holly for Andrea, something I've also done quite a few times lol

Sheesh,just caught up with this thread and can I also ask that PM's be used? :tonofbricks:

Back to the comic - I liked how Negan mistook Holly for Andrea, something I've also done quite a few times lol

Guys, can you take any discussion about stuff that happens in TWD to PM please? I mean, sheesh. This really isn't the place.

:facepalm:

Guys, can you take any discussion about stuff that happens in TWD to PM please? I mean, sheesh. This really isn't the place.

:facepalm:

We get it! You don't like it!

You don't even read it!!

Start your own "Why I don't read TWD thread" and leave the discussion thread to discussion, not dead horse beating.