• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So now it looks like its acceptable to grade. What the hell? Is it allowed to be graded?

I'm with you on this one.........have sent two request to the ask cgc as to their official protocol for grading the Hero books that are sent to them for grading.

Or to make some kind of official statement about the Hero covers that are being graded that were not official Hero authorized. Maybe I should follow up with Image and Hero too. Seems like this kind of stuff happens a lot with what information I'm getting. My questions are not only the grading but how did we get to this point? Why would a yellow pass on to grading and not a blank? What reason? Must be more to it. Maybe extra copies were given to artist to sell as a reward so cgc is ok with it?Maybe cgc feels the blanks came out the back door and don't deserve grading? HERO,Image and cgc hold the cards.

:makepoint:

Congrats Bjorn.....Man your one lucky guy. Glad to see it in you collection.

And yes if you have not.......add it to that sig line.I have grown to really like TM's work on the series.Everytime I see a TM page my love gets stronger.

You just don't see them around much which adds to the desirer to owning one.

When never ever comes PM me first :baiting:

Christmas came early. I think I'm done collecting for a very long time.

11444319916_da062238af_b.jpg

How much are 9.9s? If you were able to get that for around the cost of a 9.9, then you won, big time. All OA is cool, but there's something special about getting art from the #1 issue of a series you love. Congrats!

As a side note, I just saw the SANDMAN OA exhibit at the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco:

http://cartoonart.org/2013/09/coming-soon-the-sandman-25th-anniversary-exhibition/

An incredible collection of OA from SANDMAN, including most of issue #1. Just awesome to see all that art in one setting...overwhelming, even. Someday, there will be a WD art exhibit like that...and this page will belong in it. You've got something very cool, hang onto it!

WOW BJORN!!! CONGRATS!!!! Your a lucky man.

Me... I am after the cover for #1

It's my holy grail. And if I win the lottery, I WILL buy it. Money will be no object. Watch.

If I won the lottery I'd buy it too lol

Too bad I don't ever play the lottery :(

I still need to get a copy of #1 lol The art is more important to me at the moment. Even if I did buy a #1 now, it would just sit in a box in my room. I look at the art on my walls every day.

Thanks guys. I'm checking out some framing options now. Still pinching myself!

Can't wait to see it! It's awesome that you were able to make a deal for the page.

I think I'm done for TWD art, unless some insane Adlard piece becomes available (AHEM): http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=890544

:baiting:

That page, and page 11, would be on my wall if the previous owner didn't drop the ball with me.

:facepalm: