• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Where does this guy get all his money from?

What is hard work, effort and drive for $500 Alex.

Jim

Eek. Where was that one posted?

It was a while back. He was just curious cause of all the cool WD stuff James owns. It's all good.

It's James and the Nowell Brothers' world. We're just living it in.

Jim

It was a while back. He was just curious cause of all the cool WD stuff James owns. It's all good.

It's James and the Nowell Brothers & Bjorn's world. We're just living it in.

Yes it is. Fixed for you.... lol:baiting:

Who are the Nowell Brothers? Are the OA collectors?

I'd say they own about 65% of TWD covers on the secondary market, and many of the major splashes/moments from the comic. It's almost not fair how good their collection is.

If a museum opened up on TWD, it would be impossible to get off the ground without their collection.

I'd say they own about 65% of TWD covers on the secondary market, and many of the major splashes/moments from the comic. It's almost not fair how good their collection is.

If a museum opened up on TWD, it would be impossible to get off the ground without their collection.

Yes agreed. My stomach turns when I look through their CAF. Those covers are awesome in that form. Such a beautiful sight. :cloud9:

Jim

I think its because I post here a lot and people only have to hit my CAF link to see my OA. I like to post my new found WD art like the next guy. I almost stopped collecting when I seen Nowell brothers collection. Gave up on the covers, could never keep ahead of them lol . Almost like they have people that spend all day looking for covers lol .. Because we all post here, people will ask things sometimes. Maybe that's why Nowell Bros does not post here as well. But there are many great collections out there big and small. Nowell hands down come to my mind. The guy gene ...I think that his name that just picked up maybe the best TM cover on the market. Dhurley has a very cool collection with one or two TM covers. Jerry S has a stand out collection. Then the collections that people have that don't put them in the public eyes. The complete OA for issue 100 is out there. Bought as a set. Look in CAF and you will see a collector that have two pages of issue one. Sometimes I think about pulling out of here to avoid comments and sometime I really don't care what people say and don't mind being asked something. I made a choice not to ask in an open forum what people do or how they make their scratch .Or to talk about what I pay for OA or to ask direct questions as to what people have paid for there OA. I have set healthy boundaries that I made a choice not to cross.

But that's just me......sure I would love to know what everyone here does and how they can afford to collect. But I'm thinking I would PM you first.

With that I say "MOAR DEAD PLEASE"

Yes agreed. My stomach turns when I look through their CAF. Those covers are awesome in that form. Such a beautiful sight. :cloud9:

If you won the lotto and had a choice between #1 cover or all of Nowells collection........which one would you pick? For some reason I'm leaning towards Nowells collection. Just so much more to see IMO

If you won the lotto and had a choice between #1 cover or all of Nowells collection........which one would you pick? For some reason I'm leaning towards Nowells collection. Just so much more to see IMO

I would go with #1. It isn't really even close for me.

Thinking most would go with #1..........

Thinking most would go with #1..........

Yeah, TWD #1 is something that I would call a true grail. For me I would rank it waaaaay up on the list of OA I would love to own. While the Nowell Brothers have an outstanding collection, none of their pieces are grails to me.

Jim

I think its because I post here a lot and people only have to hit my CAF link to see my OA. I like to post my new found WD art like the next guy. I almost stopped collecting when I seen Nowell brothers collection. Gave up on the covers, could never keep ahead of them lol . Almost like they have people that spend all day looking for covers lol .. Because we all post here, people will ask things sometimes. Maybe that's why Nowell Bros does not post here as well. But there are many great collections out there big and small. Nowell hands down come to my mind. The guy gene ...I think that his name that just picked up maybe the best TM cover on the market. Dhurley has a very cool collection with one or two TM covers. Jerry S has a stand out collection. Then the collections that people have that don't put them in the public eyes. The complete OA for issue 100 is out there. Bought as a set. Look in CAF and you will see a collector that have two pages of issue one. Sometimes I think about pulling out of here to avoid comments and sometime I really don't care what people say and don't mind being asked something. I made a choice not to ask in an open forum what people do or how they make their scratch .Or to talk about what I pay for OA or to ask direct questions as to what people have paid for there OA. I have set healthy boundaries that I made a choice not to cross.

But that's just me......sure I would love to know what everyone here does and how they can afford to collect. But I'm thinking I would PM you first.

With that I say "MOAR DEAD PLEASE"

James, don't pull out of here because of the comments. :hi: Some people have no tact and ask questions that should be private or off limits.

Don't be embarrassed of any success you have and the benefits that you get from it in life. Some people will just be jealous or not know how to be subtle in their inquiry.

I think it's great we have high rollers and those who play in the shallow end....It's all good because we all love the same thing regardless of our wallet.

MOAR DEAD is right! I can't wait until the next issue comes out.

Edited by Mark 1