• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So I wonder what that makes all the raw Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk HI books that have been sold on eBay for quite some time?

They have been graded after the fact, so what is different now?

It is not CGCs responsibility to determine what the back story on a comic is or how it became released into the wild. Their position is to grade the book and be an impartial third party.

Sorry, I love CGC and all my peeps there, but precedence has been set and you should not be changing mid stream.

I would love to own one someday also, but the point of CGC is to provide a guarantee to the product and assessment of grade.

Lastly, this was a charity production, so who would theoretically own the left over books? Skybound? HI? Lots of weeds to clear up and it should not be CGCs responsibility to determine that course of action.

For me Im trying to get All the facts from the parties involved. Cgc became involved When they stopped grading submitted Hero books that showed up after the auction.Should cgc grade the books? Im not sure yes or no. Really would like to get a reply from Hero and Image. If need be I will post my email that I sent to Hero.

So I wonder what that makes all the raw Ultimate Spider-Man and Hulk HI books that have been sold on eBay for quite some time?

It is not CGCs responsibility to determine what the back story on a comic is or how it became released into the wild. Their position is to grade the book and be an impartial third party.

Sorry, I love CGC and all my peeps there, but precedence has been set and you should not be changing mid stream.

I would love to own one someday also, but the point of CGC is to provide a guarantee to the product and assessment of grade.

Lastly, this was a charity production, so who would theoretically own the left over books? Skybound? HI? Lots of weeds to clear up and it should not be CGCs responsibility to determine that course of action.

Completely agree. I feel for the folks who purchased raws, but unless HI directly asked CGC not to grade them, why on earth would/should have a say in what happens once these hit the open market?

In the future, if they want to know who let these books out into the wild, HI should number them and keep record of which artists receives which number.

What if blanks are coming from Image and not Hero? Or both? I know it was for a good cause but I also thought the books were limited to just the auction.Thats what brought the bidders to the auction IMO....or at least me.

Agree with this wholeheartedly. CGC is a grading service.

I agree with James, I was attracted to the auction based on the fact that there were suppose to be only 100 made.....

Actually, I think there were 105 official sketches done for TWD HI Project.

This could get ugly if enough people cause a fuss.

simpsons_mob_zpsb83da468.gif

I would love to own one someday also, but the point of CGC is to provide a guarantee to the product and assessment of grade.Hi

Agree with this wholeheartedly. CGC is a grading service.

I agree if in fact they were not stolen .....but if for some strange reason they were reported stolen and Its not smoke and mirrors....does that change anything?

I agree to à point if they were not stolen

I agree with James, I was attracted to the auction based on the fact that there were suppose to be only 100 made.....

:takeit: I need one :(

I offered mine for sale in a Modern/Copper thread during Halloween for $666. I didn't even get a lowball offer for it. Maybe the asking price scared people away... lol

I offered mine for sale in a Modern/Copper thread during Halloween for $666. I didn't even get a lowball offer for it. Maybe the asking price scared people away... lol

:takeit::devil: I like when the total amount comes to $6.66

:takeit::devil: I like when the total amount comes to $6.66

:kidaround:

So my girlfriend got me a bunch of Deads for Christmas. I only need 1-7 now to complete the full run!

Just wanted to share the one book she got me.. graded 'NM' from a well known store :(

11587389023_88732434ea_o.jpg

11587976156_4d46057ec5_o.jpg

11587508274_57fc0d6520_o.jpg

Luckily all the other ones I got were in good shape!