• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

lol Yeah, I know. But they are not mine, so I figured it was ok.

Thanks for the reminder about metropolis comics. I completely forgot!

Just checked out metropolis. Man those prices are way out of wack...

But don't be surprised if Metro sells a lot of those "over-priced" slabs. They're one of the few dealers out there that can charge "premium" prices on anything, and almost always get it. hm

Their clientele are the type that don't ask how much a HG rare wall book is, they just buy it. To a lot of people they deal with, money is no object.

my thoughts after 120…

Kirkman mentioned an interesting future for Maggie coming up.. Tieing in with her return to the battle… and taking over at the Hilltop in this issue, she may be his pick to kill Negan. Also, I don't think he kills Rick this time. Too drastic a move that would thrust the whole book too far ahead close to its endgame. He seems to be full steam ahead prepared to keep going for 100s of issues, so why kill Rick since he's the center of the piece so far? Sure its unrealistic that he keeps surviving… but its a comic book sabot zombies!

Anybody else have flashbacks of Matthew Broderick in the opening scenes of Glory when

Zeke keeps wussing out?

I thought for a minute he might actually contribute to this battle, but he just plain sucks. What a waste of a character. I was a little sad that his tiger got taken out. But after I saw him wuss out, I'm glad the tiger doesn't have to be with such a wuss. Poor tigers prolly rolling in his grave knowing he was protecting a wuss. lol

Anybody else have flashbacks of Matthew Broderick in the opening scenes of Glory when

Zeke keeps wussing out?

I thought for a minute he might actually contribute to this battle, but he just plain sucks. What a waste of a character. I was a little sad that his tiger got taken out. But after I saw him wuss out, I'm glad the tiger doesn't have to be with such a wuss. Poor tigers prolly rolling in his grave knowing he was protecting a wuss. lol

lol

Well that confirms that the people at metropolis are lunatics. They rejected my offers that were $5 less than their asking price.

Such a shame. But I'm sure they'll sit there for several weeks/months.

Really???

:o

Getting a discount out of Metro on anything, is like getting the Nowell Bros to sell a cover...almost impossible, free shipping is about the best you'll get. It doesn't matter if the book is ten bucks or a hundred k.

Jim

No, they don't offer any sales like that to my knowledge.

Those books will sit there for quite a while at those prices...but then again Metro deals with such other big ticket books this is a drop in the bucket.

Metro does do sales. :gossip:

For example, a bunch of Green Lantern books were recently discounted for between 10 - 60%. (link on their homepage)

Also - to get discounts on other specific books, just ask me. I deal with Metro's sales on these boards. I don't have final say on the price, but I can inquire to see if we can do better on a price (in a way that is much better than the "make an offer" option on the website. (thumbs u