• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

That is what I like about prescreens. I view a 9.8 prescreen reject the same as if I sent in the book without a prescreen and got back something less than 9.8; except it cost $4 instead of $18. Additionally, with a 9.8 reject, you can review it yourself and determine if it is worth resubbing again or sell it raw.

When I did my first prescreen, I got back about 10 rejects. Some of them had damage that I don't remember seeing before, but the rest looked fine. I resubbed those with my next prescreen and they all came back 9.8.

Before anyone jumps in about how that makes CGC inconsistent, consider this: when I was converting my raw WD collection to a slab collection, I looked thru all of my raws to see which ones were 9.8 candidates. I initially pulled out 10. I looked at the the collection again a few weeks later and added about 20 more. Before a final submission, I looked over the 30 books one more time and took out five. I subbed them with on-site grading at MegaCon and they all came back 9.8. This is just to illustrate the opinions will differ from person to person and day to day.

If anything speaks to the health of the WD reader market, should be the fact that year after year, the WD trade sales in volumes like this....

Walking Dead Vol. 1 Days Gone Bye $14.99 Image 55,600

And this is only for 2013, there got to be at least 500,000 copies of the first TPB out there.

If anything speaks to the health of the WD reader market, should be the fact that year after year, the WD trade sales in volumes like this....

And this is only for 2013, there got to be at least 500,000 copies of the first TPB out there.

The best-selling WD publication overall is THE WALKING DEAD COMPENDIUM ONE (which collects #1-48). That's outsold even the first TPB. Pretty impressive given its $59.99 price tag.

The best-selling WD publication overall is THE WALKING DEAD COMPENDIUM ONE (which collects #1-48). That's outsold even the first TPB. Pretty impressive given its $59.99 price tag.

Yup-- the Compendium is a top 100 book sold on Amazon. Not just graphic novels, books-- period.

I wonder who owns the cover to that Compendium?

:idea:

Or $25 on amazon during a sale. Compendiums are the only way my wife will read comics nowadays.

I ignore all the reprints of issue 1 because, well, I just don't need them. I already have the first hardcover when I want to re-read the story.

But it doesn't make me dislike seeing more issue 1 reprints like this anymore. It was annoying a few years ago. Now it's just ridiculous.

I'm also thinking about the last issue and..

I bet that not only will Rick survive, but when he wakes up he has an attachment for his arm. So it will shift from he's totally screwed & dead to becoming even stronger than before he was shot.

Yes that would be awesome!!!!!!!