• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Guys. I honestly don't think zombie gunk turns people into zombies anyway. Remember Tyrese in the prison gym? He was plastered in the stuff. Rick and Glenn smothering themselves in Atlanta? And then Rick doing it again in Alexandria?

Those are the examples that jump out, but I'm sure there are other instances of people getting splattered. Did Negan even test his theory? If he did, we didn't see it.

Question is whether Dwight has worked this out. Probably not, and so the bolt may well turn out to have been un-gunked. But as someone else said, he clearly could have got Rick right through the head if he wanted. What he should have done though, was kill Negan. I really don't know what he's waiting for. I guess he's terrified of being killed in revenge...

Ok first of all I don't think Dwight mucked up his bolt. Second looks like he only flsh wounded Rick so Negan wouldn't kill him. And third, no way this book is the Death of Rick with fat arse Ezekiel on the cover.

I agree. Carl survived much worse.

And my 3000th post!

:applause:

Ok first of all I don't think Dwight mucked up his bolt. Second looks like he only flsh wounded Rick so Negan wouldn't kill him. And third, no way this book is the Death of Rick with fat arse Ezekiel on the cover.

I agree. Carl survived much worse.

And my 3000th post!

:applause:

Nice!!! Congrats! lol

Yeah, since when has

zombie gunk been any kind of danger to anyone. People have virtually bathed in it since the beginning of the series and not one has turned or even been mildly ill. I have to think that whatever germ it is that kills is transmitted only through saliva and probably dies quickly outside of a walker's body. Unless Kirkman hasn't really thought this through...

Yeah, since when has

zombie gunk been any kind of danger to anyone. People have virtually bathed in it since the beginning of the series and not one has turned or even been mildly ill. I have to think that whatever germ it is that kills is transmitted only through saliva and probably dies quickly outside of a walker's body. Unless Kirkman hasn't really thought this through...

Then how was the Governor able to french kiss his zombified daughter?

It makes sense to me. There hasn't been a point in the series where someone rubbed guts into a cut or something. I would imagine that introducing infected "bodily fluids" into a wound.would be fatal. :shrug:

The problem with Negan's plan is that people need to die immediately. Even infected people will pose a threat if they can get a shot off before they die - which would take what, about a day or so? He's not going to go around tapping people on the shoulder with Lucielle and not expect to get retaliated against immediately.

Good call on that Governor scene. I don't know though - I think someone would have been infected by it at some point if it was in fact infectious in that manner. Nobody ever got walker gunk in their eye or a little cut while slathering themselves in it? Too late in the game to make it a legitimate threat at this point.

Good call on that Governor scene. I don't know though - I think someone would have been infected by it at some point if it was in fact infectious in that manner. Nobody ever got walker gunk in their eye or a little cut while slathering themselves in it? Too late in the game to make it a legitimate threat at this point.

Great points all around. As much as Negan made a big deal out of it, he never tested it, which to me is telling.

Another proof point on how having zombie related stuff in your body isn't detrimental...

" HAHAHAHAHA. TAINTED MEAT."

TaintedMeat-585x370.jpg

Great points all around. As much as Negan made a big deal out of it, he never tested it, which to me is telling.

Another proof point on how having zombie related stuff in your body isn't detrimental...

" HAHAHAHAHA. TAINTED MEAT."

TaintedMeat-585x370.jpg

The hunters were all killed less than a day after they ate Dale though (not to mention the meat was cooked). Not that it matters. My point is that they weren't even alive long enough for us to know if they would have died from ingesting tainted meat.

Yeah, since when has

Then how was the Governor able to french kiss his zombified daughter?

It makes sense to me. There hasn't been a point in the series where someone rubbed guts into a cut or something. I would imagine that introducing infected "bodily fluids" into a wound.would be fatal. :shrug:

The problem with Negan's plan is that people need to die immediately. Even infected people will pose a threat if they can get a shot off before they die - which would take what, about a day or so? He's not going to go around tapping people on the shoulder with Lucielle and not expect to get retaliated against immediately.

Negan's plan wasn't perfect, however I guess he wanted to make sure that they got as many killing blows as possible one way or another regardless. I can accept that Kirkman could have written this to go either way... Rick perspiring on the #124 cover and not on any of the others has me thinking there's a good chance he is a gonner. Big shock ending is the person he eats?

I thought for a minute he killed Rick, but just for a minute.

Then it hit me that Dwight shot him with a regular arrow.

I'm in the camp that Dwight still is with Rick & company, and this is just Kirkman messing with the readers. 2c