• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Got this up yesterday at Derby City Comic Con. I thought Rick and Michonne might be overdone so I decided to get a zombie version of myself. Definitely my favorite piece in my art collection now.

IMG_20140628_231317-1_zpsaw399pax.jpg

But most are so high priced they serve more as advertising for the sellers.

Exactly this... they might have some nice pages but you have to question the prices when you could quite easily get a new cover with change to spare that would net other stuff at auction.

I could happily list some of my CAF for ridiculous prices knowing that there would be almost zero chance of it selling. I'd probably be upset if it did sell.

But most are so high priced they serve more as advertising for the sellers.

Exactly this... they might have some nice pages but you have to question the prices when you could quite easily get a new cover with change to spare that would net other stuff at auction.

I could happily list some of my CAF for ridiculous prices knowing that there would be almost zero chance of it selling. I'd probably be upset if it did sell.

I'm with you guys.........

Got this up yesterday at Derby City Comic Con. I thought Rick and Michonne might be overdone so I decided to get a zombie version of myself. Definitely my favorite piece in my art collection now.

Nice TM sketch crnbrd :applause:

This is GREAT!

+1 this is really cool! :applause:

Thanks everyone. The guy before me got a Rick and the person after me was getting a Michonne. While I'd love to have one of those as well I think the zombie idea was a lot cooler.

If anyone ever gets a chance to see Tony at one of these small shows like Derby City its a prime time for a sketch. Recently he wouldn't be sketching at conventions only pre-ordered ones. I was really surprised that he was doing it at the show at all. At Derby City he'd previously just done sketch cards too.

I was floored that their were times where no one would be at his booth for 10-15 minutes at a time.

At a big show that would be unheard of. It might be that people around here just don't care, I'm not sure. But I'll take advantage of it either way.

Thanks everyone. The guy before me got a Rick and the person after me was getting a Michonne. While I'd love to have one of those as well I think the zombie idea was a lot cooler.

If anyone ever gets a chance to see Tony at one of these small shows like Derby City its a prime time for a sketch. Recently he wouldn't be sketching at conventions only pre-ordered ones. I was really surprised that he was doing it at the show at all. At Derby City he'd previously just done sketch cards too.

I was floored that their were times where no one would be at his booth for 10-15 minutes at a time.

At a big show that would be unheard of. It might be that people around here just don't care, I'm not sure. But I'll take advantage of it either way.

Sounds like a great time.....did you take any pictures? Would be cool to see some.

OMG the pages are jumping on eBay. I can't believe this. I would so freaking buy that Shane zombie page but not for 12k. lol

Happy Burfday JJ!!!!! :banana:

Sweet sketch Crnbread!!!!!

OMG the bubble is bursting.

:ohnoez: :ohnoez:

Yeah a lot will not sell IMO .... As far as the cool ones, the resev. have not been hit and some BIN are out of line IMO. At one time I thought I was a good judge for wd oa prices. Ok,ok I think I still am and I will go ahead and say it.......over priced most are.

OMG the pages are jumping on eBay. I can't believe this. I would so freaking buy that Shane zombie page but not for 12k. lol

Happy Burfday JJ!!!!! :banana:

Sweet sketch Crnbread!!!!!

OMG the bubble is bursting.

:ohnoez: :ohnoez:

Yeah a lot will not sell IMO .... As far as the cool ones, the resev. have not been hit and some BIN are out of line IMO. At one time I thought I was a good judge for wd oa prices. Ok,ok I think I still am and I will go ahead and say it.......over priced most are.

Yea exactly. Very overpriced. Especially that Shane Zombie piece. I can get 2 covers and still have enough left over for a couple pages.

edit: How come CGC doesn't note that Sane is a zombie in the notes for #15???

Edited by retrothecollector

There's a limit of 11 when ordering the artist's proof of the Rick Grimes Resin statue at Mcfarlane...wonder if that means there's only 11 left. You can order as many as you want of the painted version.

There's a limit of 11 when ordering the artist's proof of the Rick Grimes Resin statue at Mcfarlane...wonder if that means there's only 11 left. You can order as many as you want of the painted version.

:o how many did you get?

hah, just 1....I just put in 20 to see if it would accept it and it went down to 11...i'm guessing 39 out of the 50 have sold.

Now says status Backorder for the artist's proof so maybe the 11 doesn't mean anything. The painted one is still at Preorder.

Edited by krighton