• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Statues are a serious pain to flip or resell. There's always the chance of damage during shipping and collector's can be extremely picky about paint jobs (last thing you want is a statue being shipped back to you for a refund). I use to design and produce kits and got out after a few years. My suggestion, don't purchase anything you don't plan on keeping long term.

yeah that's what I was thinking, only reason i'm mentioning it. I doubt they'll get any cheaper after they're released in October.

From what I've seen with statues, they hold their value like variants.

How much was the Michonne statue when it was first released? Because I see several that have sold recently for under $200.

IIRC the MSRP for the McFarlane Michonne resin statue was also $295. The ones I see on the bay that sold for $200 or less were damaged/broken.

yeah that's what I was thinking, only reason i'm mentioning it. I doubt they'll get any cheaper after they're released in October.

How much was the Michonne statue when it was first released? Because I see several that have sold recently for under $200.

IIRC the MSRP for the McFarlane Michonne resin statue was also $295. The ones I see on the bay that sold for $200 or less were damaged/broken.

Fair point.

I just wanted to make the point that the price certainly isn't going up. It can still be had for MISB price for less than when it was released.

Statues are a serious pain to flip or resell. There's always the chance of damage during shipping and collector's can be extremely picky about paint jobs (last thing you want is a statue being shipped back to you for a refund). I use to design and produce kits and got out after a few years. My suggestion, don't purchase anything you don't plan on keeping long term.

I made a killing on the Sideshow/WETA Lord of the Rings statues about 10 years ago. If you do it right and pick the right stuff, there's definitely money to be made.

Don't be a Debbie downer lol ........

And don't talk bad about my variants :sumo:

:jokealert:

Okay. Enough statue talk. Back to OA.

Just trying to be fair to the statue collectors.

Oh and the comic book collectors.

Any new WD OA collectors out there? Make yourself known.

I will start off this meeting.........My name is James and I have been a WD addict for almost two years now. I came to this group for help...and the group has failed me.

1PPUerod_3006141357481.jpg

I will start off this meeting.........My name is James and I have been a WD addict for almost two years now. I came to this group for help...and the group has failed me.

Awesome piece! I had a feeling you picked it up...

And I wasn't trying to put down variants or statues. lol Just talking about values. To each their own when it comes to collecting. Collect what you like. :foryou:

I made a killing on the Sideshow/WETA Lord of the Rings statues about 10 years ago. If you do it right and pick the right stuff, there's definitely money to be made.

True. The sideshow stuff has an edition size as well as exclusives. IIRC there's no indication how many of the Rick statues are being made. The money maker would be the AP. I'm hesitant on flipping one simply based of the scale. A lot of the SS that will net you a good return are usually 1:5 or larger or with a low edition size. There is money to be made if you do it right I.e. I sold a gambit PF exclusive for $1400.

Hi James :hi: Welcome. The first step is admitting.