• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Yea I was just saying general covers. I mean it's really not that good of a cover IMO. The hands drive me crazy. The perspective is not right in my mind. I couldn't own that cover. 2c

Agreed, but zombie covers are hard to come by, and there are a handful of people in the hobby hoarding all the covers; I thought it would break 10 at least. I've got to think the reserve killed this one's momentum.

Whoa that double page of Michonne & Governor is up to $2,600 with 5 days to go!

Ebay

Any final predictions?

It's interesting. It's a HUGE moment from the comic and very memorable. It's also two 11x17 pages with no stats, and content wise, better than most splashes and covers.

That said, it's pretty gruesome, and I actually believe that pages depicting gross/stomach churning moments go for slightly cheaper. I'm guessing this ends between $4,500 and $5,100

Nailed it! Congrats, James.

dvcxb.gif

tumblr_mmrpfjVsco1spkic4o1_400.giflol

Yea I was just saying general covers. I mean it's really not that good of a cover IMO. The hands drive me crazy. The perspective is not right in my mind. I couldn't own that cover. 2c

Agreed, but zombie covers are hard to come by, and there are a handful of people in the hobby hoarding all the covers; I thought it would break 10 at least. I've got to think the reserve killed this one's momentum.

Covers will always have high value....... But like I said before, I'm moving away from them. Its to costly to compete. The pages tell the story and carry the key moments, that a cover can never do. Not saying I will never get one but give me a nice page....... :cloud9:

I know what you're saying. I always felt the same way about the cover, until I recently realized it's meant to be Carl.

I would have bid on it, because there simply won't be any left in the future. It's going to be like Preacher art where interiors are basically it. Obviously that's a slightly different scenario, but you get my point.

The pages tell the story and carry the key moments, that a cover can never do. Not saying I will never get one but give me a nice page....... :cloud9:

I feel the same way. More due to finances, but still, lol

a>

Thanks bffnut (thumbs u

He helped me add to my foreign trades......Japan has started(last three to the right) Spine picture for TBP, don't you hate it when the titles don't face the same way lol

a>

Seeing a lot of Reserve not met and high BIN's........

Some good stuff ending tonight.

They didn't seem to get too high at all.

That's part of the problem.....nobody thinks its to high anymore. Maybe the WD justifies the prices. Last year there were some really good deals going on during convention time. I picked up some nice under 48 pages 300-400 each.

Elvis :foryou: not towards you but in general. Was just thinking the prices seem so high nowadays :sorry:

I hear you, I'm happy to be able to afford some of the older pages.

What about.....THIS COVER! :o

0720F49B-8197-442C-9336-C30DA91D9DC5.jpg

$1500 final offer

Is that how much your willing to spend or is that how much you would have to be paid to add this to your collection?

$1500 final offer

Is that how much your willing to spend or is that how much you would have to be paid to add this to your collection?

hmlol

$1500 payed to me to have this in my collection. Sorry Adlard but you can do better. :foryou:

$1500 final offer

hmlol

$1500 payed to me to have this in my collection. Sorry Adlard but you can do better. :foryou:

Well, at least now we know how the pyramids were made. Some wacky armed alien guy cooked them. :D

It was interesting to see what those #33 pages sold for on eBay. I'm biased obviously, but I prefer the battle pages to the torture pages.

WD33p1-1.jpg

WD33p2-1.jpg

WD33p3-2.jpg

WD33p4-2.jpg

WD33p5-2.jpg

[/

spoiler]

Hummmmm........sure they would bring a good sum. Throw them up on eBay and let'em ride.

It was interesting to see what those #33 pages sold for on eBay. I'm biased obviously, but I prefer the battle pages to the torture pages.

WD33p1-1.jpg

WD33p2-1.jpg

WD33p3-2.jpg

WD33p4-2.jpg

WD33p5-2.jpg

[/

spoiler]

Hummmmm........sure they would bring a good sum. Throw them up on eBay and let'em ride.

:shy: I saw you won that other auction. You da man. (thumbs u

WD33p1-1.jpg

WD33p2-1.jpg

WD33p3-2.jpg

WD33p4-2.jpg

WD33p5-2.jpg

[/

spoiler]

Thanks. I'm not a big fan of eBay for selling and I enjoy owning them for now. It was a challenge getting these together. I really like the earlier and larger pages and there have been some really nice ones showing up lately. I definitely think we are seeing another shift in the market with older pages showing up and Mark taking down the pre-101 pages.

WD33p1-1.jpg

WD33p2-1.jpg

WD33p3-2.jpg

WD33p4-2.jpg

WD33p5-2.jpg

[/

spoiler]

Thanks. I'm not a big fan of eBay for selling and I enjoy owning them for now. It was a challenge getting these together. I really like the earlier and larger pages and there have been some really nice ones showing up lately. I definitely think we are seeing another shift in the market with older pages showing up and Mark taking down the pre-101 pages.

Cool run of pages no doubt....are you saying you peiced them together or did you buy the run at one time?

I pieced them together. I started buying WD OA right when what I believe was the first major shift in the market. I bought pages 3-5 from a collector who was looking to sell but no one wanted to pay his price until I came along. I had no real context for what these pages were original selling for so they seemed cheap to me. As you know it's always about context from when you start buying so to others his pricing seemed aggressive.

Then several months later page 2 showed up on eBay and I bought it on a whim never thinking page 1 would show up. And then ironically about 2 weeks later page 1 showed up and I had to have it. I paid most aggressively for that one but it just seemed really cool to be able to put the entire sequence together.