• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Well there are maybe 5 others that I am interested in for these WD #100 sketches but damn with what these are going for I really think the money may be better spent spreading it around at upcoming cons on sketches on 109 blanks.

Still shocked at what Ottley went for. Not shocked that some of these are going for under $500 and even under $400. Should have got some of those friendly bets in, damn work had me away from the PC to make it happen. :)

This is better than quite a few of the HIs or 100's that were published.

This artist from Oklahoma has some sweet stuff too on 109's.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?nma=true&item=121107315270&si=HEzs7PXJ07s56kWvkkad8uIUdsk%253D&orig_cvip=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=sell2me-kal-el&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I want to save up some dough and have him do a commission.

I definitely like the creepy stuff instead of yet another Michonne or Rick blood bath. meh

I'm also biding on one of the hero initiative covers :wishluck: and I thought you might like to see this #109 blank I picked up the other day by an artist called Frank Robinson..

wd109.jpg

This is better than quite a few of the HIs or 100's that were published.

This artist from Oklahoma has some sweet stuff too on 109's.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?nma=true&item=121107315270&si=HEzs7PXJ07s56kWvkkad8uIUdsk%253D&orig_cvip=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=sell2me-kal-el&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I want to save up some dough and have him do a commission.

I definitely like the creepy stuff instead of yet another Michonne or Rick blood bath. meh

I'm also biding on one of the hero initiative covers :wishluck: and I thought you might like to see this #109 blank I picked up the other day by an artist called Frank Robinson..

wd109.jpg

Maybe if he was doing cons and I could get it subbed and slabbed.

i fear the big boys are going to start bidding

I'll need a 9.8 copy down the road, for my variant set. I'm leaning towards waiting on one that has already been slabbed. God forbid I taint my set with a book less than a 9.8 lol

I'll need a 9.8 copy down the road, for my variant set. I'm leaning towards waiting on one that has already been slabbed. God forbid I taint my set with a book less than a 9.8 lol

HOLY COW POOP bass punk....Your collection is remarkable......I just pooped out a baby..... (worship) (worship)

Edited by retrothecollector

Do you think they'll actually pop back into circulation anytime soon?

Haven't had a chance to really check but based on what we can see with people bidding on these has someone won a bunch of them? If so they may be planning on flipping them (crazy in my mind if they think they will profit off these already insane prices).

Assuming eBay masks a particular user's ID the same way across multiple auctions, then yes, it seems like a few people have purchased multiple covers:

artist - masked id - rating - ending price -

McKone - 8***8 - 1081 - $480.00

Brereton - 8***8 - 1081 - $510.00

total - $990.00

Purcell - a***g - 3097 - $1,225.00

Robertson - a***g - 3097 - $709.00

Beatty - a***g - 3097 - $404.00

Moreno - a***g - 3097 - $404.00

Albuquerque - a***g - 3097 - $688.00

total - $3,430.00

Portacio - v***a - 529 - $1,350.00

Bates - v***a - 529 - $621.96

Staples - v***a - 529 - $920.02

Ottley - v***a - 529 - $1,550.00

Valentino - v***a - 529 - $1,043.93

Rivera - v***a - 529 - $1,231.00

total - $6,716.91

Others -

Wilson y***y 237 $1,043.92

Lashley 4***a 2446 $910.00

Shah a***l 377 $405.00

Raney e***f 253 $611.00

Hembeck i***e 310 $389.00

McManus l***i 1314 $780.00

Kurth l***l 103 $585.00

Migliari m***c 34 $649.00

Allen s***e 1086 $410.00

Haven't had a chance to really check but based on what we can see with people bidding on these has someone won a bunch of them? If so they may be planning on flipping them (crazy in my mind if they think they will profit off these already insane prices).

I'm sure some speculators have bought up a handful of the sketches, wouldn't surprise me to see some outrageous "buy it now" or best offers come season 4. Luckily, I'm in no hurry to get one. Pretty much content on buying one much later, when I find one at the price I'm willing to pay ;)

I went a little crazy leading into this year's registry awards. I wasn't about to lose this year :banana: