• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Anyone interested in seeing a WD 1 9.8 offered through a mystery box sale?

No offense but I would pretty much always consider it dubious as the "winner" could so easily be rigged... that and my luck.

Would be interested, but only if you would live stream the box numbers on random.org.

How would this grab ya: As a mystery box sale, sell Walking Dead 1-27, all graded 9.8. Each box would contain one slab, and the price you would pay would be $300 (which is the rounded up average of the sum of the highest of the 12 mth/90 day GPA average for all 27 slabs). If you pulled 1-6,19, or 27 you would break even or come out way ahead. It'd be an interesting way to move a slabbed collection.

How would this grab ya: As a mystery box sale, sell Walking Dead 1-27, all graded 9.8. Each box would contain one slab, and the price you would pay would be $300 (which is the rounded up average of the sum of the highest of the 12 mth/90 day GPA average for all 27 slabs). If you pulled 1-6,19, or 27 you would break even or come out way ahead. It'd be an interesting way to move a slabbed collection.

But what if you spend $300 and get #11....that wouldn't be fair. So each box would only have 1 book, right?

Interesting if you wanted the slabs... otherwise the return vs odds seems not that good compared to gambling on anything else.

Heck no, I'm not doing a mystery sale. When I complete one thru 27, I'm keeping me. Just musing. But yeah, it wouldn't be fair if you paid $300 and got #26. I forgot mystery boxes are meant to be worth at least what you pay. My premise was more of an eBay mystery buy. lol

Walking Dead Serbian

I know a lot of Dead collectors don't like these.....Just got them in the mail today. They are in pretty good shape. I'm happy.......

:applause: I think your graded set is better ;)

Yes they are.....thank you sir. Think the way it goes on that set is I thank you...you thank the person you got them from and he thanks the person he got them from. lol......think I'm the fourth in the line now if I'm correct for that set.

lol Yes it is. I know I was thrilled when I acquired it :cloud9: and sad when it left :( But I know it's at a good home :)

Pretty good write up on the WD 10th Anniversary panel with RK. He always makes me think he's going to kill...well just read.......

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46725

As you know, Rick died in the last issue so -- has that issue not come out yet?" Kirkman said to laughs. "He's on the cover! It's clearly not true!"

Pretty good write up on the WD 10th Anniversary panel with RK. He always makes me think he's going to kill...well just read.......

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46725

As you know, Rick died in the last issue so -- has that issue not come out yet?" Kirkman said to laughs. "He's on the cover! It's clearly not true!"

A fan asked whether Kirkman saw the book continuing without Rick Grimes. "I'll say that no one is safe in the book," he said. "I think the book could survive Rick. I think there are enough strong characters in the book that we could follow any one of them as a focus. It could happen. It might happen soon."

:( :( :( :( :(