• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Last summer sales under 1700 yesterdays sale 1725. I expect a mid season saturation of WD1s, a prime time dumpfest. Next summer sales cant go anywhere but down. Proof will come. You are seeing it ($1725) arent you?

My counter would be that a sale of 1725 is only one date point, and doesn't indicate a trend. True, average sales price fell over the summer and reached a low of $1625. However, 90 day average is $2203 which is $100 over the 12 month average. 2011 average was $630, 2012 average was $1581, 2013 average is $2178. I don't see any more huge jumps in prices, and at the same time I don't see a large drop in value.

I have just decided to go for broke and am now currently going to be upgrading to a 9.8 #1 I'm going to sell my 9.4 to bump up to a 9.8....... I can't go through life with a 9.4 no matter what anyone says. lol But with the words of wisdom from a fellow boardie...... "Everyone has there preferred price points" (something like that you know who your are ;) ) I have mine.....

Last summer sales under 1700 yesterdays sale 1725. I expect a mid season saturation of WD1s, a prime time dumpfest. Next summer sales cant go anywhere but down. Proof will come. You are seeing it ($1725) arent you?

My counter would be that a sale of 1725 is only one date point, and doesn't indicate a trend. True, average sales price fell over the summer and reached a low of $1625. However, 90 day average is $2203 which is $100 over the 12 month average. 2011 average was $630, 2012 average was $1581, 2013 average is $2178. I don't see any more huge jumps in prices, and at the same time I don't see a large drop in value.

Nailed it. The market is set for the short term. Let's see what it looks like after the show.

Retro, any chance you can crack your 9.4 and press it to a 9.8?

I don't know. The whole book is great. I'm going to scan it right now and then we can go over the defects. I don't see any spine ticks on both sides. The only thing is the bottom left corner on the front and back is dented. You'll see. I hope my scanner works. brb

Found one tiny one. :(

Edited by retrothecollector

I knew you would Eric. It was the best one outta the bunch that Jerry let me pick from, for the price point I wanted to spend. lol

I like Abraham. Him and Rick's relationship was like none other. They really bonded together.

This page let's people know, that he's here to kick and chew bubble gum. And he's all outta bubble gum. (cause it's very hard to find in the zombie apocalypse) lol

Edited by retrothecollector

I have just decided to go for broke and am now currently going to be upgrading to a 9.8 #1 I'm going to sell my 9.4 to bump up to a 9.8....... I can't go through life with a 9.4 no matter what anyone says. lol But with the words of wisdom from a fellow boardie...... "Everyone has there preferred price points" (something like that you know who your are ;) ) I have mine.....

You cant go by these figures because most of the better figures are Black Label. There was also an ebay sale of 1799. The book is trending downward. The book is boasting summertime sales figure during the show. The amount of copies for sale in 9.8 vs last year is 10 times the amount. More people are dumping the book. If you got a copy just hold it til the summer time. You're in for a wild ride my friend. Edited by Junkdrawer

Yes, the book is tanking. please sell me some off condition raws, i'll go as high as cover price.

remember, TWD ride has come to an end.

Yes me too..... Please sell me raws, slabs, whatever WD for cover price. Let's go.

:news: The bubble has burst!!!!

28 universal 9.8s on ebay currently. Check tomorrows results there are a few auctions that will compliment the 1725 sale lol

Yes, the book is tanking. please sell me some off condition raws, i'll go as high as cover price.

remember, TWD ride has come to an end.

Yes me too..... Please sell me raws, slabs, whatever WD for cover price. Let's go.

:news: The bubble has burst!!!!

28 universal 9.8s on ebay currently. Check tomorrows results there are a few auctions that will compliment the 1725 sale lol

I'm ready. :popcorn: