• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I agree that I don't know if there is anymore money to made hand over fist with a WD #1 9.8 (unless you happen to grab it at a low of 1600 lol). I don't think you will see as much people successfully flipping it like you did last year.

The Walking Dead #1 is not 'tanking'.

People who wanted to sell have waited for this season 4 to begin.

If $1800 is tanking - with a 90 day ave of $2090 - then god help you when that stupid Harley Quinn kids book goes down the crapper.

Aren't you buying @ $1000 each?

Mind you with only 100,000 printed, what could go wrong hm

There may be a gradual decline over the next 5 years, but with the book, this series and a NEW SHOW on its way - there is not a hope in hell that a book with such a small print run is going to go bust.

Misleading and self serving. (tsk)

Keep calm, carry on and enjoy your TWD #1 9.8's (thumbs u

I make money with comic books. trust me there is no money to be made with a WD1 in 9.8 anymore. Buy one today and see how that goes. You will lose money for sure. Harley is all about profit (again, thats what I do) I will be long gone when that piggyback ride is over too. I own just three 9.8s and @ a cost of $461 each. ( have yet to pay $1000) I'm not selling till I hear movie. Dont care if a movie ever happens, I just want DC to just say it.

Your business model does not add any value. You buy and sell like stocks. That's why you make these self serving claims. You make your little 10% by supplying lazy buyers. Good luck with that.

I agree that I don't know if there is anymore money to made hand over fist with a WD #1 9.8 (unless you happen to grab it at a low of 1600 lol). I don't think you will see as much people successfully flipping it like you did last year.

Flipping has always been a fool's errand that requires market volatility.

This is simply not true if you always buy low. To me volatility means fluctuations up and down. If you always buy low, you just wait for the pop and ride as long as you can stand. I have had 4 WD 1s and 5 or 6 19s. I have never had more than $300 invested in in any of them, and the one that I had $300 in was because I decided a quarter sized Moore sketch was worth dumping $100 on. :insane:

Volatility had nothing to do with it, buying quality at a very low price had everything to do with it. But I am pretty sure you knew this.

#116 & #117 this month yay!!!

Twice this month

You know what time it is?

It's banana time!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

It's always Banana time on here!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: WOOT!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Banana train!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

obligatory:

Edited by Jerry S

This is simply not true if you always buy low. To me volatility means fluctuations up and down. If you always buy low, you just wait for the pop and ride as long as you can stand. I have had 4 WD 1s and 5 or 6 19s. I have never had more than $300 invested in in any of them, and the one that I had $300 in was because I decided a quarter sized Moore sketch was worth dumping $100 on. :insane:

Volatility had nothing to do with it, buying quality at a very low price had everything to do with it. But I am pretty sure you knew this.

My deepest apologies for the use of the term volatility. If there is no interest/action (volatility) then there are no highs or lows and no chance to buy and sell for a gain (or loss). You're guessing and it's nothing more than gambling. Buying any book now in hopes of simply holding and turning a profit we can all agree is speculation. Just a term in the spectrum of gambling lingo. (thumbs u

lol

In your case the term is "power buyer". You wouldn't have the time to get all the books you buy done on your own.

There will be a few books available. ;)

I think the coolest is WD 115 Michonne reverse WD 19 cover signed by Michone and her pets. :)