• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I can't see Negan kneeling down begging in front of Maggie somehow... or Rick for that matter. Maybe someone a bit leftfield - Sherri?

Also it would be way too neat and tidy a conclusion to have Maggie kill him with Lucille imo.

Yes exactly, it would be to cliche.

Why? Sure it would be a neat fit ... but hasn't Maggie's revenge been a long time coming, she has been pretty much denied direct revenge on everyone (e.g. the Governor, Thomas Richards) and everything that has killed off her family for the past 9.5 years. I'd say it's been a long time coming!

Also in the context of the TV show I can't see anyone who kills Glenn being taken out by anyone else. Honestly I don't think Kirkman could avoid being influenced a little by this.

I can't see Negan kneeling down begging in front of Maggie somehow... or Rick for that matter. Maybe someone a bit leftfield - Sherri?

Also it would be way too neat and tidy a conclusion to have Maggie kill him with Lucille imo.

Why? Sure it would be a neat fit ... but hasn't Maggie's revenge been a long time coming, she has been pretty much denied direct revenge on everyone (e.g. the Governor, Thomas Richards) and everything that has killed off her family for the past 9.5 years. I'd say it's been a long time coming!

Also in the context of the TV show I can't see anyone who kills Glenn being taken out by anyone else. Honestly I don't think Kirkman could avoid being influenced a little by this.

Holly didn't get to avenge Abe.. will Maggie get to avenge Glenn?

I actually think she will.. Though it may be cliché, it's the resolution we all really want

I actually think she will.. Though it may be cliché, it's the resolution we all really want

Speak for yourself. I actually like Negan as an antagonist, and I think it would be better for the book to have one of the "bad guys" involved longer term rather than a rinse and repeat. There's no reason that he HAS to be killed at the end of this arc (for story purposes I mean - obviously as far as Rick's group are concerned he has to die).

Maggie was "denied direct revenge" on Thomas?

rrnyh2.png

Speak for yourself. I actually like Negan as an antagonist, and I think it would be better for the book to have one of the "bad guys" involved longer term rather than a rinse and repeat. There's no reason that he HAS to be killed at the end of this arc (for story purposes I mean - obviously as far as Rick's group are concerned he has to die).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Negan character and I want to see him stick around. However, I'm pretty sure Kirkman said that he will die, and if there is any one that deserves to kill him, it's Maggie

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Negan character and I want to see him stick around. However, I'm pretty sure Kirkman said that he will die, and if there is any one that deserves to kill him, it's Maggie

I was just saying that because it's just what we all want, doesn't Kirkman change things up a lot? I guess there are things we all see coming and some things we don't see coming. Anyways I can't wait to see what happens. Here's an excerpt from a RK interview.

“I have big events planned for #125 and I know where I’m going to be for issue #200"

"Rest assured ALL OUT WAR is taking us to some very new, very different and exciting places. This will be a drastically different book starting with issue 127, but that's all I'm going to say."

Garf,

For the record, there has NOT been a new round of upping all of the prices on the remaining Walking Dead pages that we have since the market went up 1-2 years ago 8)

There were a few pages that were away at several art exhibitions in Europe for 6+ months, and were not on the website for a while until they returned to my possession. Once I got them back, I adjusted any prices that were out of whack due to the market change from when they were first priced and added them back to the website. Other than that, no increases.

The last several issues do have more action, zombies and big events affecting them than many issues in the past so there are some high priced pages in them. The lesser pages are still in the $225 - $350 range, with some of those actually being pretty nice group shots and big shots of main characters.

While you never know what is going to appeal to someone, there are just ok pages going to $350 - $800? solely because they are in the issue 20 range, have characters on them that are dead and on 11 x 17".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-ORIGINAL-ART-ISSUE-22-PAGE-12-signed-Charles-Adlard-AMC-Zombie-/251416740709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a899b0365&nma=true&si=8oqHBGhuS3KcvSlECVUjQoP1hdA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-REAL-ORIGINAL-COMIC-BOOK-ART-Rick-Tyrese-Dale-25-p9-Adlard-/281238587716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417b204944

There are people just wanting a nice page of their favorite character as something cool to frame and put on their wall so the $250 pages are perfect for that. A memorable WD moment is what all actual collectors are looking for (and zombies) so they are going to cost more or be sold already.

While there are way more expensive zombie pages than in the recent past, there have been a lot better zombie pages than we've had in years so they are more expensive.

It has actually lowered what we've been charging for decent zombie pages that would have been $1500 - $2000 in the past but are $900 - $1500 now. More supply of zombies, lower price.

:)

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

126 cover

wd-cover-126_clr-med.jpg

Carl's pointing a gun, Michonne's in a defensive position, Negan acts surprised? My money's on Dwight especially since he was on the 125 cover so that (likely) means he's still alive at least in 125.

I figured he bought it in 120 or 121 after being covered featured on 119 ala Holly in this past issue and I think others similarly in the past

. Until I learn to make my sig line pretty,pretty its the messy url under my registry banner lol

Thanks guys

Replace what you have with these lines.

[url=http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=94540]My CAF gallery[/url]
[url=http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7340868#Post7340868]My KUDOS thread[/url]

Garf,

For the record, there has NOT been a new round of upping all of the prices on the remaining Walking Dead pages that we have since the market went up 1-2 years ago 8)

There were a few pages that were away at several art exhibitions in Europe for 6+ months, and were not on the website for a while until they returned to my possession. Once I got them back, I adjusted any prices that were out of whack due to the market change from when they were first priced and added them back to the website. Other than that, no increases.

The last several issues do have more action, zombies and big events affecting them than many issues in the past so there are some high priced pages in them. The lesser pages are still in the $225 - $350 range, with some of those actually being pretty nice group shots and big shots of main characters.

While you never know what is going to appeal to someone, there are just ok pages going to $350 - $800? solely because they are in the issue 20 range, have characters on them that are dead and on 11 x 17".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD-ORIGINAL-ART-ISSUE-22-PAGE-12-signed-Charles-Adlard-AMC-Zombie-/251416740709?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a899b0365&nma=true&si=8oqHBGhuS3KcvSlECVUjQoP1hdA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-REAL-ORIGINAL-COMIC-BOOK-ART-Rick-Tyrese-Dale-25-p9-Adlard-/281238587716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417b204944

There are people just wanting a nice page of their favorite character as something cool to frame and put on their wall so the $250 pages are perfect for that. A memorable WD moment is what all actual collectors are looking for (and zombies) so they are going to cost more or be sold already.

While there are way more expensive zombie pages than in the recent past, there have been a lot better zombie pages than we've had in years so they are more expensive.

It has actually lowered what we've been charging for decent zombie pages that would have been $1500 - $2000 in the past but are $900 - $1500 now. More supply of zombies, lower price.

:)

Mark Hay

Splash Page Comic Art

Cool. Still over my budget. C'est la vie. Still very happy with the zombie panel I got from you quite a while back, and have managed to add another zombie page too :) Still regretting being so fresh to the hobby (edit: OA not comics) when I was first looking and having zero perspective on what I was looking at when there were some nice early pages to be had /sigh :sorry: Same goes for a couple of Goran's Y pages I would have snagged and then suddenly all of it went onto time payment. I'm not knocking what you are doing in any way. If you and the artists\writers weren't doing a good job then it would all still be there for the taking.

Happy to stand corrected on pricing. I don't keep that close a watch on it any more as it is taking me longer and longer to get funds together. My current likes and nostalgia sweet spots are pretty crowded out with buyers now. 2012 market rise was the most sensible thing to happen, it would be crazy to just let everything get flipped. The only page that I recall going up after that within 12 months on the back catalog is #64 pg6 which went from $325 >> $400. Yes I wasn't specific about increases and you are absoloutely right that there has been more action and more zombies, more Negan and quite a few splash / DPS pages which has no doubt contributed. Regardless in real monetary terms if you take the average of the total interiors of issues after #100 as they were coming out the cost per page has pretty much kept on rising.

I also am not knocking people simply choosing a page by ticking whichever boxes are good for them (favourite characters / issue / arc / scene), I am probably a prime example of doing this myself. Let's face it OA from TWD or anything else you enjoy is pretty damn special and a fun purchase which can quite often bring back fond memories from its era... or just be something unique, perhaps even an expression of individualism :)