• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I know this is far-fetched, but thought it compelling enough to post...

The mystery woman on the cover of issue 127, much speculation has occurred as to who she is; some theories make more sense like those who think it's Dwight's wife, others are way out there like those who've said it's a future look at Sophia, etc.

I've been re-reading TWD (this is my third time starting from issue 1) and this time reading it digitally. When I got to issue 79 a couple of days ago, I was reminded of something I'd completely forgot. I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but issue 79 starts with Eric and Aaron coming back to Alexandria; Eric's been stabbed and Aaron recounts that they befriended a woman after following her for a couple of days. One night they caught her trying to steal one of their horses and when Eric attempted to stop her, she stabbed him.

I was thinking what if the woman on the cover of issue 127 is the same woman who stabbed Eric? She has her own group and they've been on the sidelines watching the groups go at it in AoW and decide to intervene when a) the groups are at their most vulnerable or b) after choosing to help one of the two sides... In my mind, that would make sense to the story.

What do ya'll think? Sorry if it's already been discussed; I read this thread often and don't remember seeing something about it, but then again, I'm not on here every day, so sometimes I miss some discussions.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_79

It's not really far-fetched. In fact, it's totally plausible. However, my only concern is that both the Saviors and Survivors have scouts/snipers. Wouldn't they have noticed another group of people watching them by now?

I'm starting to think that it's a group of people from Terminus that are wondering why Negan has been gone for so long. I remember there being a decent sized group of people there when Carl was getting his tour. Maybe they all up and left to see what was going on?

I know this is far-fetched, but thought it compelling enough to post...

The mystery woman on the cover of issue 127, much speculation has occurred as to who she is; some theories make more sense like those who think it's Dwight's wife, others are way out there like those who've said it's a future look at Sophia, etc.

I've been re-reading TWD (this is my third time starting from issue 1) and this time reading it digitally. When I got to issue 79 a couple of days ago, I was reminded of something I'd completely forgot. I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but issue 79 starts with Eric and Aaron coming back to Alexandria; Eric's been stabbed and Aaron recounts that they befriended a woman after following her for a couple of days. One night they caught her trying to steal one of their horses and when Eric attempted to stop her, she stabbed him.

I was thinking what if the woman on the cover of issue 127 is the same woman who stabbed Eric? She has her own group and they've been on the sidelines watching the groups go at it in AoW and decide to intervene when a) the groups are at their most vulnerable or b) after choosing to help one of the two sides... In my mind, that would make sense to the story.

What do ya'll think? Sorry if it's already been discussed; I read this thread often and don't remember seeing something about it, but then again, I'm not on here every day, so sometimes I miss some discussions.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_79

It's not really far-fetched. In fact, it's totally plausible. However, my only concern is that both the Saviors and Survivors have scouts/snipers. Wouldn't they have noticed another group of people watching them by now?

I'm starting to think that it's a group of people from Terminus that are wondering why Negan has been gone for so long. I remember there being a decent sized group of people there when Carl was getting his tour. Maybe they all up and left to see what was going on?

Right, I thought about the snipers too; there's so many ways this can go with AoW; it's awesome to come up with a bunch of theories!

The stab story from issue 79 jumped at me, because at that time it was so random for some unknown woman to stab Eric. I think it'd be cool if at this point Kirkman comes full-circle with her and she's the one on the cover of 127 and an important player going forward.

I don't think she could be linked to Negan, because she would've known what community Eric and Aaron are from, prob known they pay tribute to him and wouldn't have stolen their horse.

I think there was a issue 46 page or so on ebay for a short time. Looking like it was pulled early. Anybody here get it? Or know which page it was. Sometime over the last week. It might not of been pulled but I can't find it with the key word search. It was a prison story page.

hm

Up to Woodbury, yup I believe you covered the survivors. Only six = :ohnoez:

There was that inmate, I think his name is Andrew whom was never officially killed; I guess we can assume he's dead, but his death wasn't shown... I think.

I think Lily kills him in the books

no, he runs away from the prison. last time he's seen form.

Kirkman confirmed him dead,somewhere at sometime i think it was the survivors guide...i forget cause i was thinking that ALEXANDER Davidson could come back into play but Kirkman also confirmed he is dead in 2012 ;[

Here's a fun thing to discuss also

Who would play the best Negan?

My personal pick is rather shocking...

Take John Travoltas look from grease then mix it with his attitude and wit from Pelham 123 / swordfish FACEOFF, etc.... and you have a jaw dropping season 6-8 lol....but i doubt they could pull it off because of the $ involved but damnit it would be fun!

Honestly I think Michael Madsen is Kirkmans guy in mind.

He already stated he knows who he WOULD LIKE to play Negan.....

shortly after guess who starts doing voice-over work in the Telltale series?

Michael Madsen! :)

I think there was a issue 46 page or so on ebay for a short time. Looking like it was pulled early. Anybody here get it? Or know which page it was. Sometime over the last week. It might not of been pulled but I can't find it with the key word search. It was a prison story page.

hm

Never mind I found it.............

Take John Travoltas look from grease then mix it with his attitude and wit from Pelham 123 / swordfish FACEOFF, etc.... and you have a jaw dropping season 6-8 lol....but i doubt they could pull it off because of the $ involved but damnit it would be fun!

They should stick to relatively new or unknown actors. As mentioned regarding the latest Star Wars episodes ... the value of having unknown actors outweighs having superstars because it is far less distracting and doesn't remove you from the world they are creating. Well... at least not take it to extremes like Travolta or other "A" listers no matter how much fun that might end up being.

Edited by Garf

They should stick to relatively new or unknown actors. As mentioned regarding the latest Star Wars episodes ... the value of having unknown actors outweighs having superstars because it is far less distracting and doesn't remove you from the world they are creating. Well... at least not take it to extremes like Travolta or other "A" listers no matter how much fun that might end up being.

I agree. The superstars, while interesting in their own right, do distract from the story. With the exception of Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing, Star Wars was built on story, not the cast. I'm going to watch this series in it's entirety in the next few weeks. Should be fun.

I agree. The superstars, while interesting in their own right, do distract from the story. With the exception of Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing, Star Wars was built on story, not the cast. I'm going to watch this series in it's entirety in the next few weeks. Should be fun.

First time? If so then it will be fun for sure. There are a few cheesy bits throughout the whole show but the opening few episodes are solid enough to get you hooked. I was glad to have watched it all the first time after season 3 had ended. By then I had very little expectation irrespective of any hype.

First time? If so then it will be fun for sure. There are a few cheesy bits throughout the whole show but the opening few episodes are solid enough to get you hooked. I was glad to have watched it all the first time after season 3 had ended. By then I had very little expectation irrespective of any hype.

I watched a little of the first season but was expecting it to be exactly like the book. I'm going in this time with a more open mind.

I watched a little of the first season but was expecting it to be exactly like the book. I'm going in this time with a more open mind.

Try not to watch it the same way you would a Batman movie... the genre's are worlds apart and it doesn't suffer from the same problems. If anything it has to live up to good horror flicks and shows rather than the comic.

Edited by Garf

Henry Rollins

Henry Rollins

Who would think of a daft idea like that and then who would blurb it out by accident?

question: and I skipped over a lot of pages and may have mixed the discussion, sorry,

but why would Negans muck-encrusted arrow and knife trick ever work? Because it bypasses the "bite requirement" and delivers the muck directly into a human body? If anything other than a bite could work, all the zombie guts that that splash on their faces and in their mouths and noses and on open cuts etc would have done the trick all along. right?

Im thinking Ricks and the other can't catch activate the zombie virus from Negans stunt…. and on another line of thinking - - he JUST thought of this?

one more thing, a real pet peace: Negan keeps standing out in the open, even with Ricks snipers perched and ready, making speeches etc… JUST SHOOT HIM already! He is the key to the battle.

I know recently Kirkman mentioned that there more than one side to Negan, so he must have his reasons for keeping him around, but, really? no one has the order to shoot him on sight?

hey, know what would be cool, but not gonna happen? Negans strategy backfires. It only ends up working like Sideys spider bite - - imbues Rick with temporary Wolverine like invulnerability until it facades away! He can't be killed while under its effects. that would be cool!

and stupid at this point. Maybe in issue 12 or so it could have worked.

question: and I skipped over a lot of pages and may have mixed the discussion, sorry,

but why would Negans muck-encrusted arrow and knife trick ever work? Because it bypasses the "bite requirement" and delivers the muck directly into a human body? If anything other than a bite could work, all the zombie guts that that splash on their faces and in their mouths and noses and on open cuts etc would have done the trick all along. right?

I think this was discussed a bit back. It is thought that this method would work if you have an open wound or create a wound (bolt to the torso) and insert an infected item into it.

hey, know what would be cool, but not gonna happen? Negans strategy backfires. It only ends up working like Sideys spider bite - - imbues Rick with temporary Wolverine like invulnerability until it facades away! He can't be killed while under its effects. that would be cool!

and stupid at this point. Maybe in issue 12 or so it could have worked.

This would be a neat follow up to the back up story from issue 75.