• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

I got 5. Read it in the shop. Wow. This is a huge shift in my all time favorite property. I am digging it. I cannot wait to see what happens moving forward. The saviors under Dwights leadership?!?!? ughh... Back to monthly sucks!!!!

Edited by Colicab

After reading issue 127, one thing that sort of concerned me is...

It's been two years and Rick doesn't look like he fully recuperated from having his leg broken by "Knee-gan." He walks around with a cane, makes a comment to a member of the community he see running around and lastly, Adlard now draws Rick with a different posture to reflect the damage to the leg. I know Rick is a mean mudda-effer, but I'm curious to see how he'll be affected when all hell breaks loose again... People with leg issues tend to not survive in TWD universes (see Dale in the comic and Hershel in the show).

Also, wassup with Carl's look? Am I the only one who thinks he looks kinda dumb and too "emo-ish?" Carl is too bada$$ for that look... right? :shrug:

It's been two years and Rick doesn't look like he fully recuperated from having his leg broken by "Knee-gan." He walks around with a cane, makes a comment to a member of the community he see running around and lastly, Adlard now draws Rick with a different posture to reflect the damage to the leg. I know Rick is a mean mudda-effer, but I'm curious to see how he'll be affected when all hell breaks loose again... People with leg issues tend to not survive in TWD universes (see Dale in the comic and Hershel in the show).

Also, wassup with Carl's look? Am I the only one who thinks he looks kinda dumb and too "emo-ish?" Carl is too bada$$ for that look... right? :shrug:

he's an awkward tween/teen now...that entire age group looks out of place.

i'm surprised

the flash forward is only 2 years....seems like 10.

Definitely feels like more too. But hey at least we know. The ending was freaking great.

One question though, and it will probably be revealed at some point. Where's the Saviors? They're probably still out there and Rick has a truce with them. Maybe they send a new squad out to rescue Negan. hm

@ Awax Yea bud looks like we got us a Obi-Wan Rick!!! :banana:

:applause:

And Negan is still there. :cloud9:

he's an awkward tween/teen now...that entire age group looks out of place.

lol So true even in our reality...

I haven't been THIS excited about a new issue in a VERY long time :whee:

Just a tremendous read!

Going to be a long 4-week wait :cry:

It was a good read. Before #127 I didn't think this book could get any closer with its Old West / Western parallel ... cowboy hats, savages, bandits, samurai cowboys, the sheriff, his posse, a preacher man, shooting guns out of people's hands, epic showdowns, running for the border (well escaping the prison), gunslingers being haunted by their past, last stands...

Turns out you just need to add more blacksmithing, get some drifters, round up the herd and settle the frontier.

It was a cracking read... loved it... but is it going to be less of a nod towards Romero now and head off into the sunset with Leone?

I think next issue will show what's happening with Michonne, Ezekiel and Dwight and Maggie's baby.

Loved how Jesus and crew treated the "stinkers" like a real life cattle herd though I can't really buy people actually calling zombies stinkers.

I'm betting that there are no eye doctors handy and Carl just ended up with the glasses with the best prescription that he could get. Maybe future CGC labels will say "introduction to Hipster Carl?" Or, Barista Carl? That could be his new skill :idea:

I think next issue will show what's happening with Michonne, Ezekiel and Dwight and Maggie's baby.

Loved how Jesus and crew treated the "stinkers" like a real life cattle herd though I can't really buy people actually calling zombies stinkers.

I'm betting that there are no eye doctors handy and Carl just ended up with the glasses with the best prescription that he could get. Maybe future CGC labels will say "introduction to Hipster Carl?" Or, Barista Carl? That could be his new skill :idea:

Skrillex Carl. Google it if you don't know.