• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

It's not crazy to say that when you get past the $800 mark then you could start looking at say Preacher pages, it's not even a great leap from $650 which is why I find OA collecting to be a slippery slippery slope.

Speaking of Preacher, in a couple issues, there will be TWICE as much Walking Dead art produced vs. Preacher. It's already doubled YTLM and is creeping up on 2x the number of Sandman pages.

And it's still going! On and on forever.

Just something to think about next time a $650 talking heads page starts to look like a bargain - by the time this series wraps, there will probably be 5000 similar pages out there.

It's not crazy to say that when you get past the $800 mark then you could start looking at say Preacher pages, it's not even a great leap from $650 which is why I find OA collecting to be a slippery slippery slope.

Speaking of Preacher, in a couple issues, there will be TWICE as much Walking Dead art produced vs. Preacher. It's already doubled YTLM and is creeping up on 2x the number of Sandman pages.

Just something to think about next time a $650 talking heads page starts to look like a bargain - by the time this series wraps, there will probably be 5000 similar pages out there.

Yup.

Yeah. Anyone holding a few early TWD pages can go and have a daydream about what they would be worth if it had ended at #48. Not that we wouldn't have wanted more... There are only a handful of TWD only OA collectors out there I know of (or perhaps people that do not venture much further into other titles), but I bet there are a lot more that cross the barrier into other recent Image titles and Vertigo stuff where they can.

One thing we do know for sure is that TWD has been an absolute beast which has almost single-handedly (no pun intended :P ) driven the floppy and OA market into an absolute frenzy!

I had a chance to read 129 and thought it was a pretty solid issue. I hafta say that I hate nosy people…

If Magna sets Negan free, I hope she’s his first victim! lol

With Rick and Carl away, if Negan is freed, things will get interesting in a hurry. I assume Negan would try to run “home” where it might be *spoon* Dwight time or he’ll try to turn Magna’s group in his favor and get them to attempt a takeover. Either way, war may be brewing again…

Yeah. Anyone holding a few early TWD pages can go and have a daydream about what they would be worth if it had ended at #48. Not that we wouldn't have wanted more... There are only a handful of TWD only OA collectors out there I know of (or perhaps people that do not venture much further into other titles), but I bet there are a lot more that cross the barrier into other recent Image titles and Vertigo stuff where they can.

One thing we do know for sure is that TWD has been an absolute beast which has almost single-handedly (no pun intended :P ) driven the floppy and OA market into an absolute frenzy!

:ohnoez:

I had a chance to read 129 and thought it was a pretty solid issue. I hafta say that I hate nosy people…

With Rick and Carl away, if Negan is freed, things will get interesting in a hurry. I assume Negan would try to run “home” where it might be *spoon* Dwight time or he’ll try to turn Magna’s group in his favor and get them to attempt a takeover. Either way, war may be brewing again…

Kirkman sure isn't making these new characters very likable.

Objectively, their decisions have been over the top.

They have NO idea who to trust. Letting a guy out of a jail, without speaking to the people who put him there first, is a severe decision. I would assume Alexandria would rally against Negan with everyone going "What the mess is wrong with you, Magna and friends? Do you know what he did?"

I find two things incredibly odd though:

Rick brushing off Magna and saying there's a guy in jail who's been there for a few weeks - why lie? Why not say he's gotten dozens and dozens killed? He's an evil guy who deserves to rot. It's not like the information would be too much to share.

And second: why is no one guarding the jail? Shouldn't that be a given?

They have NO idea who to trust. Letting a guy out of a jail, without speaking to the people who put him there first, is a severe decision. I would assume Alexandria would rally against Negan with everyone going "What the mess is wrong with you, Magna and friends? Do you know what he did?"

Rick brushing off Magna and saying there's a guy in jail who's been there for a few weeks - why lie? Why not say he's gotten dozens and dozens killed? He's an evil guy who deserves to rot. It's not like the information would be too much to share.

Yes all those questions I totally agree with. I don't think anything predictable will happen, with the way the war ended. Something is gonna happen for sure, but it will be unexpected. :wishluck:

Yes all those questions I totally agree with. I don't think anything predictable will happen, with the way the war ended. Something is gonna happen for sure, but it will be unexpected. :wishluck:

I have a feeling something bad is coming Andrea's way.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He doesn't lie to her - he says, "We've only got one inmate who's in for more than a few weeks or so. One lifer."

Think what Rick would do if he were in Manga's position. He would probably be doing the same thing - suspicious of everyone and everything until proven otherwise.

Think what Rick would do if he were in Manga's position. He would probably be doing the same thing - suspicious of everyone and everything until proven otherwise.

hm

Dagnabbit! I thought the exact same thing. With Rick and Carl gone, the most damage Negan could do to them (and Kirkman to readers, like me) is to hurt Andrea. Andre though... :cloud9:

He doesn't lie to her - he says, "We've only got one inmate who's in for more than a few weeks or so. One lifer."

I would certainly classify that as a lie - or at the very least withholding VERY important information. Why doesn't Rick say: There was a war, he was the leader of the opposing side, he is a bad person, we are good people who don't think killing is right, so we hold him in jail indefinitely.

We obviously need the story to progress. As of now I think it was lazy writing just to get Magna & crew to discover Negan sooner. I'll withhold my complete feelings towards the situation, however, until after the next issue comes out.