• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Walking Dead 2 on Ebay

Raw "NM" - $362 a week ago

CGC 9.4 - $218 yesterday

CGC 9.6 - $132 a few hours after the 9.4

I know the #1's are going nutty right now but the 2's are all over the place. Watching the Walking Dead on eBay has been a great way to pass the long month between issues :insane:

In case anybody cares I find this trend weird. I posted this two weeks ago. Today on ebay I see this:

Walking Dead CGC 9.6 sells for $152

Raw Walking Dead 2 with 9.6/9.8 POTENTIAL!!! is at $200 with 2 days to go

Hmmm, highest GPA on a #2 9.8 = $202

Anybody want to predict where this raw #2 ends?

Is this actually a title people prefer to read rather than slab?

Considering that every issue of this series is available in 4 other formats (TPB, hardcover, omnibus, compendium), I'd say that anybody who's spending $200 on a "9.6/9.8 potential" #2 is doing so because they want to get it slabbed.

Is this actually a title people prefer to read rather than slab?

Considering that every issue of this series is available in 4 other formats (TPB, hardcover, omnibus, compendium), I'd say that anybody who's spending $200 on a "9.6/9.8 potential" #2 is doing so because they want to get it slabbed.

I agree, it's just too readily available in other formats that are cheaper than these for the readers. They could however be people who prefer Raw and believe a Slabbed 9.8 is worth more than they are paying for their raw (shrug)

I don't get that auction at all. I would say there was something weird about the auction but the same thing did just happen with a 9.4 vs a 9.6. The 9.6 ended much lower than the 9.4.

Edited by Kathryn

I must admit though, when i'm looking for raw books I rarely look at the possibility of buying CGC and cracking one open. It just doesn't cross my mind and maybe it should (shrug)

I've never actually done it either.

I am more into buying cgc books lately only if they are SS, a key book and/or a #1.

Otherwise I will just look for a nice raw copy.

Really? This thread has been off topic for god knows how long but Gary and I get this?

Not obvious enough a reference? (shrug)

Ok I will go all obvious-like.

p1_032308_curry_getty.jpg

lol

I was wondering about the first one but I had no idea who that girl is.

I'm properly chastised.

The girl is Amy Davidson...

Dougie Monroe was never really clear that Davidson was a man or didn't have a daughter. :o

lol

I was wondering about the first one but I had no idea who that girl is.

I'm properly chastised.

And the whole stream of consciousness to Davidson-vana was ruined.

By jumping right to the easy one, I can't even use Major General Davidson. :sorry:

DavidsonMajorGeneralAE003.jpg