• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Great quotes that have meaning to you...

152 posts in this topic

I think these are funny but there's a little truth to it.

If you must hurt a man, do it so brutally that you not fear his revenge.

When you compromise, you lose. When you seem to have compromised, you take a step toward winning.

If you can’t win, make the price of your enemy’s victory exorbitant.

When skating on thin ice, skate fast.

If you must lie, be brief.

If you’re up to your in alligators, the first thing to do is drain the swamp.

Better that your enemies overestimate your stupidity than your shrewdness.

"That man is free who is self reliant, who masters his passions, who fears neither poverty nor death nor prison, who resists his appetites and despises worldly ambition."

Horace 35 B.C.

It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But a man worthwhile is a man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

--Judge Smails

"Know thyself? If I knew myself I'd run away." - Goethe

"Every morning upon awakening, I experience a supreme pleasure - that of being Pontoon. And I ask myself, wonderstruck, 'What prodigious thing will he do today, this Pontoon?'" - Pontoon

"Every morning upon awakening, I experience a supreme pleasure - that of being Pontoon. And I ask myself, wonderstruck, 'What prodigious thing will he do today, this Pontoon?'" - Pontoon

It has been my observation that , one way or another, tend to get screwed.

It has been my observation that , one way or another, tend to get screwed.

Wonder what got spooned? hm

Don't you realize how little satisfaction men find in things they desire as compared with what they hope to find in them?

-Machiavelli

RW Emerson on WS: The best poet led an obscure & profane life, using his genius for the public amusement.

The Koran: The heavens & the earth, and all that is between them, think ye we have created them in jest?