• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Great quotes that have meaning to you...

152 posts in this topic

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

-- The Usual Suspects

Actually, I thought this was CS Lewis, but I checked and it was originally Baudelaire (he said, with his nose in the air).

Here's another one paraphrased from a TV show. It seems too profound and too true to be original (from a short-run Joe Pantilione show about a bunch of cons recruited by the FBI to trick scumbags).

"In my experience, people that don't respect books, don't respect people."

I'd like to think it applies to comics, as well.

"I don't give a damn if it is an Amazing Fantasy #15 for $35. That ROM #9 over there has foxing on it so I'm not buying a damn thing from this filthy store. Now where's my portable chemical shower?" -- SilverAndBronze

lol Even I wouldn't say that.

By the way, I save the zip-lock treatment for true mold (you know, the fuzzy stuff, the blackish/greenish ooze, etc). Foxing I can handle. That is, as long as I don't truly have to handle it.

I remembered this thread from awhile back.

I finally came across the guy that uses this quote in his sig. from another forum I visit.

"The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. "