• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undisclosed Restoration from Dealer (Metro)

151 posts in this topic

Metro or any dealer has no reponsibilty to refund you for the CGC costs.

Same logic as if you bought something from me on eBay and you returned it me. I would refund you the comic price but def not the S/H.

No offense but what you are saying is fu :censored: bull :censored: . This is what Hammer and robojo do, but hell at least they reimburse you. If this is your policy I would NEVER buy from you. If you mark the book as unrestored then CGC should pass it as unrestored, otherwise the blame is on YOU the seller. Tell Metropolis you want a refund not only for the book but also for the submission, and if they don't NEVER buy from them again. This kind of :censored: really pisses me off.

I don't feel that they owe you for the CGC fees. It would be nice if they reimbursed you for shipping, but I don't feel that is a necessity either.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again - If you don't feel confident in your ability to detect restoration, you shouldn't be buying "uncertified" books.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again - If you don't feel confident in your ability to detect restoration, you shouldn't be buying "uncertified" books.

:screwy:

:insane:

actually he is dead right and you my friend are..... :screwy:

I would refund the grading fees. But I'm not Metro, so good luck with that.

They missed the resto, so I don't know why they think you should be able to pick it up without sending it to CGC.

However, I do believe they should refund the shipping fees both ways. You bought a book that wasn't what they claimed it to be. You shouldn't eat the cost of shipping for their mistake.

lol

but seriously.... :hi:

If I buy one of your books off eBay and get the book graded and it comes back resto then I should get the graded costs from you as well?

Why should u pay for the grading fees, maybe the resto check fee as most, but def not the whole cost/

With that logic then I should buy a book from you and have u pay for the grading as a through in even if it comes back "Blue" label but your grading differs from mine.

My two main points:

1) It cleary states in Metro's return policy that they do not refund incurred cost/expenses of 3rd party grading with any return, so thats on the buyer to get their facts straight

2) How can you think a buyer is entitled to CGC grading fees to be returned to them in case of resto. Metro doesnt care whether you get the book graded or not, now if you want to make a case that maybe the buyer can reclaim the portion of the CGC restro check fee then I will listen. To think you are entitled to the grading and S/H fees as well is :screwy: to me!

I would refund the grading fees. But I'm not Metro, so good luck with that.

They missed the resto, so I don't know why they think you should be able to pick it up without sending it to CGC.

However, I do believe they should refund the shipping fees both ways. You bought a book that wasn't what they claimed it to be. You shouldn't eat the cost of shipping for their mistake.

Exactly, all most people ask for is to be met halfway,even when dealing with a powerhouse dealer such as Metro. And while perhaps unfair, to me it comes down to making an extra effort to be heard and state your case to get what you want, in this case some compensation for slabbing a book you thought to be clean.

Metro missed some work done on a book, all they should be responsible for is a full refund and shipping(if they want return business that is) any other cost the buyer incurs is done at their own expense unless worked out beforehand with Metro.

lol

If I buy one of your books off eBay and get the book graded and it comes back resto then I should get the graded costs from you as well?

Why should u pay for the grading fees, maybe the resto check fee as most, but def not the whole cost/

With that logic then I should buy a book from you and have u pay for the grading as a through in even if it comes back "Blue" label but your grading differs from mine.

My two main points:

1) It cleary states in Metro's return policy that they do not refund incurred cost/expenses of 3rd party grading with any return, so thats on the buyer to get their facts straight

2) How can you think a buyer is entitled to CGC grading fees to be returned to them in case of resto. Metro doesnt care whether you get the book graded or not, now if you want to make a case that maybe the buyer can reclaim the portion of the CGC restro check fee then I will listen. To think you are entitled to the grading and S/H fees as well is :screwy: to me!

I am just going to agree to disagree with you. My conscience just tells me this is wrong. This is why I have so much respect for sellers like Marnin Rosenberg. He doesn't list anything raw unless he knows for a FACT its either restored or unrestored. If by chance he doesn't know and he still wishes to sell he turns the book over to a restoration expert like Sue.

lol

My two main points:

I am just going to agree to disagree with you. My conscience just tells me this is wrong. This is why I have so much respect for sellers like Marnin Rosenberg. He doesn't list anything raw unless he knows for a FACT its either restored or unrestored. If by chance he doesn't know and he still wishes to sell he turns the book over to a restoration expert like Sue.

Thats ok! :hi:

I am def more of a buyer than a seller, I just would never ask any dealer for CGC or any other 3rd party consulting firm fees returned to me. The the situation that was thread was started I feel Metro did there part. Like I said before I would rather out 50.00 cgc fees than the whole cost of the book.

I just feel by buyers wanting their money back on the CGC fees on resto then it would seem they would also want their money back on different grades as well.

Does a buyer fee if they buy a book which they think is a 9.6 and then the cgc grade shows a 9.0 that they are entilted to a cgc fee refund as well?

I mean you have the draw the line some where, so maybe dealers could meet the buyers on just the cost of the CGC resto check then that would would be fair, but no way the whole way besides the refund of the book itself.

lol

My two main points:

Return policies are unenforceable and don't mean anything if a misrepresentation was involved.

I don't feel that they owe you for the CGC fees. It would be nice if they reimbursed you for shipping, but I don't feel that is a necessity either.

The problem with your statement is that you would not even expect them to return shipping costs because I "shouldn't be buying 'uncertified' books" if I lack confidence in my ability to detect restoration. So what happens if I buy a book they say is unrestored. I get it in the mail and I personally detect restoration. Under your theory, I should eat the shipping costs in returning the book. That makes no sense to me, when I had no opportunity to even see the book to perform a resto detection before it was purchased.

lol

My two main points:

I am def more of a buyer than a seller, I just would never ask any dealer for CGC or any other 3rd party consulting firm fees returned to me. The the situation that was thread was started I feel Metro did there part. Like I said before I would rather out 50.00 cgc fees than the whole cost of the book.

I just feel by buyers wanting their money back on the CGC fees on resto then it would seem they would also want their money back on different grades as well.

Does a buyer fee if they buy a book which they think is a 9.6 and then the cgc grade shows a 9.0 that they are entilted to a cgc fee refund as well?

I mean you have the draw the line some where, so maybe dealers could meet the buyers on just the cost of the CGC resto check then that would would be fair, but no way the whole way besides the refund of the book itself.

My response to this particular situation is HELL no they aren't entitled to a refund. However Flava Flav's problem IMO is no different to buying a forged autograph on eBay and PSA denoting it as a fake. Think about it.

lol

My two main points:

My response to this particular situation is HELL no they aren't entitled to a refund. However Flava Flav's problem IMO is no different to buying a forged autograph on eBay and PSA denoting it as a fake. Think about it.

Right on :applause: But i guess you should never buy something autographed unless you are confident in your own abilities as a handwriting expert.

Sardo if everything you say is true -and I have no reason to believe otherwise- you should be refunded 100% on EVERYTHING from the price of the book to the shipping costs and even the grading fee by CGC. Sounds like you've been through the gates of hell. I am sorry you've had to deal with this :censored:.

Thanks Carolina. When it comes down to it, we are not talking about a major difference in money (CGC and shipping costs), but as a matter of principle I just hate this crapola. I have bought a lot of comics from them and you would think they would do this for me, even if it was not their general policy - just to keep a good customer who purchases expensive books form them!! From a business standpoint, by not doing what is the right thing to do in my eyes, this will cost them significantly more than $60.00 in the long run. Maybe that's the best way to deal with this.

Sardo if everything you say is true -and I have no reason to believe otherwise- you should be refunded 100% on EVERYTHING from the price of the book to the shipping costs and even the grading fee by CGC. Sounds like you've been through the gates of hell. I am sorry you've had to deal with this :censored:.

Honestly, The Gates of Hell? :roflmao:

It sucks Metro missed a dot of AM CT, and wont refund the sum total of $50 Sardo is out for shipping and slabbing costs. But c'mon.. the gates of hell?

A little perspective is needed here I think. Metro offered a refund for the book, that is not exactly what I picture when I think of "gates of hell"

Metro's policy when dealing with refunds is well documented here, and could be greatly improved. If I were Sardo I would try more honey before throwing vinegar at them, even if they are at fault.. sometimes you have to play the game to get what you want.

Honestly, The Gates of Hell? :roflmao:

It sucks Metro missed a dot of AM CT, and wont refund the sum total of $50 Sardo is out for shipping and slabbing costs. But c'mon.. the gates of hell?

A little perspective is needed here I think. Metro offered a refund for the book, that is not exactly what I picture when I think of "gates of hell"

Metro's policy when dealing with refunds is well documented here, and could be greatly improved. If I were Sardo I would try more honey before throwing vinegar at them, even if they are at fault.. sometimes you have to play the game to get what you want.

True, maybe the "Gates of Hell" comment was a tad of an exageration - funny though.