• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon Favreau talks to Howard Stern about Iron Man today

36 posts in this topic

Not sure if many of you realize but Howard Stern is a pretty big comic book fan and although he doesn't collect he does read trades as Ralph frequently buys them for him as gifts.

Today on the Stern show on Sirius he talked for quite some time with Jon about Iron Man and how Jon only received $4 million for the movie with NO backend!

He did say that everyone else is already commited to 2 more movies although he intially was not. He hinted at the fact that one of the next sequels will focus on Tony Starks drinking problem!

Interesting interview and if it turns up on Youtube (which it probably will) I'll post it here.

4 Mil is no chump change for a "Jon who?" director.

Big name directors may get that but that is only a minor amount if your an actor with top billing.

But I do think actors get way too much compared to the other creative people behind the camera.

I'll bet Howard was an underground comic fan.

Like every morning, I listened to Howard.

Didn't Jon say that Robert Downey, Jr got basically no dough for the movie?

If he didn't make any $ on this movie he should have no worries because if parlayed right, he should make $50 million off of Stark over the next decade.

Big name directors may get that but that is only a minor amount if your an actor with top billing.

But I do think actors get way too much compared to the other creative people behind the camera.

Jon Favreau is not unknown he's very involved with movies from every angle and his IMDB listing is fairly extensive considering he's only 41

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0269463/

Jon Favreau is not unknown he's very involved with movies from every angle and his IMDB listing is fairly extensive considering he's only 41

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0269463/

You and I are quite aware of who he is and I am a daily user of IMDB.

I think you missed the fact that I'm talking about the rest of the world AND Hollywood's lopsided renumeration of the real talent.

Like every morning, I listened to Howard.

Didn't Jon say that Robert Downey, Jr got basically no dough for the movie?

If he didn't make any $ on this movie he should have no worries because if parlayed right, he should make $50 million off of Stark over the next decade.

Do you think maybe he'll make a bit more on the next film?

It seemed to be a "best of"...my display read "The Berry Best...According to Ralph". I recalled that Mater Tape Theater with Sir Hardnthick is on Fridays. :P

Gotcha. My display reads "101 West Coast Feed" I didn't know he was taking the day off.

Absolutely, unless he takes the the low road that Peter Jackson took.

ellaborate please....

Like I said I'd like to see the artistic people off the camera get a bigger chunk of the money than they do now but if your a director and later after its not a bomb but a big money maker and you don't get what your ego thinks you want making an ugly dispute in public can cost you future money and get you removed from future projects (as in sequels)

Jackson did carry the ball (writing, directing,producing etc) but apparently he can't make a contract that compensates himself enough.

So lets hope it doesn't turn out in any way like that if he is considered in making the sequel to Ironman

Hobbit film goes on without Peter Jackson

Jackson gets 250 million dollars and still not happy

well, those links are just one side of the issue, aand massively out of date.

New Line was trying to screw him out of a massive amount he was due. They have since settled the suit, (Jackson paid in full- as he had the law on his side) and he is producing TWO Hobbit films at the moment, with cast and crew returning. Guillermo Del Toro (Jackson's friend) is directing them.

It seemed to be a "best of"...my display read "The Berry Best...According to Ralph". I recalled that Mater Tape Theater with Sir Hardnthick is on Fridays. :P

There's a rumor circulating that he's getting married this weekend. Howard, not Ralph.