• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con Report

11 posts in this topic

Nice report. I was literally behind the Storm Trooper at the right of your picture. You can't see me, but my wife and 2 kids were hanging around that corner in the first batch of folks that were allowed in.

I have two words for you people who think that books were expensive - haggle & GPA (especially on your phone).

I used GPA everytime I bought something and haggled down people by more than 25% at times. I don't think that I was turned down by any offer that I made.

I can't wait for next year, I hope there are more vendors like Harley and Terry there next year with good stuff not just mostly junk and a few nuggets.

Excellent report and pics. I saw the Green Lantern costumed gentleman taking his Supergirl daughter into the pottie. No I did not take pics of that moment.

Wonder if your LCS owner honeymooned in Vancouver, BC as most visit Niagara Falls in Eastern Canada instead?

J. Michael Strazynski had a table next to Bruebaker and apparently one now-former Strazynski fan was unhappy about waiting three hours in line for a late or no-show Strazynski (not sure if he made it or not). The distraught fan was so angry about having to wait for three-hours that s/he took a Sharpie marker and wrote some choice words on the cloth of Strazynski's table including, "I used to be your number-one fan!" Whoa.

:o Did JMS really not show?? I sent a book to be signed by him for Signature Series.

JMS did show late on Saturday, probably around or after lunch. His line was long and unruly. It looked like his line must have been one of the slowest movers. I thought that, unlike Brubaker, JMS took breaks and left the table from time to time. I got an SS from him too.

Great ....Thank for the info JazzMan.Hopefully Chandler(Desertwindcomics) got mine done. :wishluck:

Sorry to dissapoint you, but Chandler wasn't there...he was sick and couldn't travel. :sorry:

Excellent report and pics. I saw the Green Lantern costumed gentleman taking his Supergirl daughter into the pottie. No I did not take pics of that moment.

Wonder if your LCS owner honeymooned in Vancouver, BC as most visit Niagara Falls in Eastern Canada instead?

Like I said, I'm not much of a costume person, but the GL Guy obviously put a lot of effort into his costume.

I was sorry to not have met anyone else from the boards at the show - maybe next year.

Yeah, the LCS owner did spend time in Niagara Falls.

I just went to the desk and said that I want these signed by so and so and they took them and I filled in all the paper work. When I got covers commissioned I went to the desk when they were done and someone walked with me to the artist and picked up the book and walked back with me. SImple, no coordination needed, I was very please with everyones attitude and friendly nature.

Oh, and by the way, you get your CS 10% discount and you can track your order online too.