• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage countdown....

348 posts in this topic

Well, now that the books have hit ebay, the countdown begins.... anyone have any comments? maybe the first restored book (action 1) will break $100K?

the great (I know, not GA) toth books?

the Kylbergs....

My only comment on the auction is I wish they hadn't littered ebay with all of the auctions. It makes it difficult to locate the few auctions intermingled that are exclusive to ebay ;)

I agree...plus, you bid on ebay, and 1)you pay a higher BP 2) you sometimes miss out winning (ask skypinkblu) 3) it does clog things up for a bit...

but, should be fun

I think someone should buy that absolutely gorgeous, stupendous, monumentally historic copy of Mad #1 CGC 9.8 Gaines. That would just be THE book to own. :cool:

I envy the owner whoever he is.Obviously a man of very high and excellent taste.

Rumors have it hes a celeb on fox news.

I think someone should buy that absolutely gorgeous, stupendous, monumentally historic copy of Mad #1 CGC 9.8 Gaines. That would just be THE book to own. :cool:

I envy the owner whoever he is.Obviously a man of very high and excellent taste.

Rumors have it hes a celeb on fox news.

Heard he's a lawyer too... :screwy:

Mad #1 CGC 9.8 Gaines - CHECK IT OUT!!!

My niece got one of those with her happy meal the other day.

:roflmao:

With the reserve including buyers premium set at $33k or so, it's a steal. There's one in an ebay store now for sale listed for $45k! :)

My only comment on the auction is I wish they hadn't littered ebay with all of the auctions. It makes it difficult to locate the few auctions intermingled that are exclusive to ebay ;)

I agree...plus, you bid on ebay, and 1)you pay a higher BP 2) you sometimes miss out winning (ask skypinkblu) 3) it does clog things up for a bit...

but, should be fun

:cool: Yep Yep

Well, now that the books have hit ebay, the countdown begins.... anyone have any comments? maybe the first restored book (action 1) will break $100K?

I dont know for sure. I just looked at the book for the 1st time now and I could in an instant see that it was cleaned. The upper blue area that says NO.1 and June 1938 is much lighter shade of blue than an unrestored copy.

The worst case of cleaning I have ever seen on an Action 1 is the 6.5 restored copy on the census. This book was known as the Charlie Sheen copy[ he owned it] It was so washed out that it looked like one of those oreo cookie give-aways.

i know there is plenty of time left for the bids to sky-rocket, but i definately thought that the double action #2 would be higher by now....

is this not the $50K book i thought it was?

B.

i was thinking the same thing. doesn't double action #2 go for way more especially in that grade?

Or two guys really wanted the last one, which drive it up and now there isn't another person to compete as strongly. I know the last one seemed to be a surprise, well exceeding the HA estimate.

the great (I know, not GA) toth books?

the Kylbergs....

Wasn't the other Action Comics #1 restored book being offered at $1.1 million?