• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you get Signature Series on a book like this?

35 posts in this topic

Not the most attractive cover art. The CGC SS clearly worth thousands in this case, as opposed to just signing the blue label which would be graphitti, and just cost you a reholder fee.

Frazetta is the big deal here, the Church pedigree takes second fiddle in this case. W/out Frazetta si this is a $2500 book, with it, in the CGC SS slab, a $7500.

Well, it makes sense in a couple ways. Personally, I would like his signature on a book I associate with him, but if that book is Tally-Ho #1, more power to its owner.

Mostly, it makes incredible financial sense and that part seems to be proved. Getting a signature is cool. Getting a signature that adds $5,000 to a book is unbelievable, however if that $7,500 sale is truly pending and going through, it seems to have accomplished as much. The same book sold for $2,500 in April.

Getting his signature on a $500 book would not seem likely to fetch $5,500.

Well, it makes sense in a couple ways. Personally, I would like his signature on a book I associate with him, but if that book is Tally-Ho #1, more power to its owner.

Mostly, it makes incredible financial sense and that part seems to be proved. Getting a signature is cool. Getting a signature that adds $5,000 to a book is unbelievable, however if that $7,500 sale is truly pending and going through, it seems to have accomplished as much. The same book sold for $2,500 in April.

Getting his signature on a $500 book would not seem likely to fetch $5,500.

As I mentioned in another thread, as recently as 2002 you could get his signature on any book for $150. Granted, it wouldn't be an SS book.

And its not 2002 anymore. Gas was like $1 a gallon back then. And even in 02 when the sigs were $150 each he was not signing many.

Frazetta the legend is also a frail old man who has not signed many CGC SS books at all. He will not want to be bothered by you youngins at his door as he is trying to enjoy a lil peace in his final years. I suspect this will be his last year signing any of them funny books.

And its not 2002 anymore. Gas was like $1 a gallon back then. And even in 02 when the sigs were $150 each he was not signing many.

Frazetta the legend is also a frail old man who has not signed many CGC SS books at all. He will not want to be bothered by you youngins at his door as he is trying to enjoy a lil peace in his final years. I suspect this will be his last year signing any of them funny books.

Sorry you missed out on a "cheap" sig from him. He was a legend in 2002, ya know. As I remember he was signing for anyone who would pay the money and send the book through the mail. I guess 6 years difference makes his sig worth thousands more? (shrug) Are the vultures circling?

Also, did he sign this book in ball point pen?? (shrug)

Minty, you kidding me with that attitude? How can you be so on the wrong path, I did not even hint that "missed out on a "cheap" sig from him". I was making the point that his signature only improves the pedigree. No idea why you are being such a scmuck.